Volks AutosSky Insurance

Thread: Fronts tyres

KRL
    3rd Gear

Status

Fronts tyres

I've done a quick seasrch and could not find anything hence the post.

I need to replace my front tyres on my 2.0 TFSI S tronic (FWD). Currently the front and rear have Pzero roso's on. How much of a difference will having a different brand of tyre on the fronts make? Would I be best off getting another pair of Pzero roso's?

Thanks in advance...
    Ice Silver S3 + every single option + REVO + BSH Street Can + Forge Twintake + Autotech

2. # ADS
    ADS

Unofficial Audi UK Endurance Test Driver

Status
    hello

here is a link to a tyre review

http://www.caranddriver.com/features...ad-page12.html

this puts

Goodyear eagle F1 GSd-3's in first place, which I had fitted to my golf and they are a great tyre, and hard wearing, but they do not have to look of a quality tyre like the michelin pilot sport.

Continental sport contact 2's in second which I currently have fitted to my A3 , which i think are ok , but they are vaugue in the dry when compared to other tyres, and I dont consider them to be hard wearing

Michelin pilot sport PS 2's which i think are great , but they are very expensive
    LAND ROVER DEFENDER 2.5 Td5
    EGR valve removed, DE-cat down pipe, Turbo boost pressure increased to 22 psi, Upgraded full size intercooler, Stage 3 remap, single mass flywheel conversion, with performance pressure plate and racing friction disc. 210hp 500 Nm

The Audi A3 2.0 TDI S line DSG Has gone and forgotten

4th Gear

Status
    Rossos are dire don't buy another pair. The above review is very good but its getting on a bit now and some of the tyres have been replaced, F1 GSD3s are now replaced by F1 assimetrics and contisport2s by 3s now. Evo this month have a good tyre test with the results as follow.

1st - Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric
    2nd - Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta
    3rd - Continental ContiSport Contact 3
    4th - Bridgestone Potenza RE050-A
    5th - Michelin Pilot Sport PS2
    6th - Pirelli P-Zero Nero
    7th - Kumho Ecsta STP KU31
    8th - Dunlop Sport Maxx
    9th - Yokohama S.Drive
    Now:BMW 530d M-sport tourer. Then:Lava Grey A3 Sportback S-line 2.0TFSI Quattro, S-line Special Edition, Xenon Plus, Leather, Light and Rain Pack, Interior light Pack, Bose, DVD Nav+, Bluetooth, Multifunction wheel,Cruise, Heated Front Seats, Folding Mirrors, Rear Parking Sensor and some other bits.

Neutral

Status

Lightbulb

Hi

Have just had a pair of Eagle F1 Asymmetrics (225/45 R17) fitted to my TDI Sport Sportback. Far beter than the Pirelli that came off it . . and cheaper too. I paid 78 each for them from mytyres.co.uk, which included VAT and delivery !

Also, you should always have new tyres put onto the rear axle, so will need to swap the existing rears to the front.

Hope this helps
    2004 (54) A3 Sportback TDi Sport Liquid Blue

5th Gear

Status
    I replaced all mine with F1 Asymmetrics, seem pretty good.
    2.0T Quattro SLine, now 320d Sport Touring