Black Optic Pack

Ian_C

Dorsprung Turch Vechnique
Reaction score
Could someone tell me what this entails?

Is the standard grill on the 07 A3 grey or black - i.e. would it look daft if i were to retrofit the piano black SFG? These are going for 65 sheets on the bay....

If it's anything like the S-Line it's dark grey. It looks black but it's not.

The full pack is the surround (what was the chrome bit), grille and number plate plinth.

:edit:

I don't think it would look daft, it's just not the complete job. Hence I have a surround for sale :)

Bit of a stupid question really on my part, as you purchase the whole thing in a one-er anyway right?

Next question - I bet this is a total pain in the **** to fit yeah?

yes its not exactly the easiest thing to fit , lots of plastic clips

Anyone done a fitting guide?

Or would my dealers fit it if i asked them nicely? Or would this "invalidate warranty".....

I havent done a guide, I wish I had done now

But once you have the bumper off , its just a case of pushing out all the plastic clips

one thing to remember with the bumper , there are two torx screws and a 10mm bolt joining the bumper to the wing on each side , to acess these i take the wheels off and remove the lower wheel arch liners

even though i have a double grill on my a3, it is probably the same idea to fit/remove - which is easy

there is a panel at the top of the bumper with 2 torque screws which is simple to move

then you just get your hands down inside the bumper and push the clips away from the bumper and it should pop off easy enough

Boydie said:
then you just get your hands down inside the bumper and push the clips away from the bumper and it should pop off easy enough

Nope. Two screws, one at either side, half way down the back of the grille.