bluetooth phone prep

RHODIE

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the phone prep can be ordered without the cradle holder on the dash or in the armrest? I want the car kit but onlywant bluetooth and no unsightly bracketds.
Just ordered new 3.2 in cherry black (audi exclusive), so if anyone has any pics or links to this colour please post them.
TIA

No, you need the holder in the armrest. Cherry Black is a superb colour :respekt:

He's right - I queried this when I was ordering mine as the bracket was only available dash-mounted back then and the answer was a categoric NO!

Just order the armrest mount and then ignore it :)

Getting Craig to do the retrofit is certainly an option although personally I'd reconsider the armrest - trust me it's worth it on long journeys.

I would agree, the armrest is well worth it on long journeys

you can always fold it up when driving anyway so that it is out of the way

Shao_khan said:
I'd just order the MFSW with the factory and then get Craig (as mentioned above) to do the Phone stuff.

Definately order the MFSW, the phone kit won't really work without it.

As of about 2 months ago you don't need the armrest or cradle for phone prep. Check the configurator. Dash mounted cradle isn't on there.

Both the online configurator and the downloadle brochure still say you have a choice between dash and armrest mounted brackets - there's no option for neither.

Vertigo1 said:
Both the online configurator and the downloadle brochure still say you have a choice between dash and armrest mounted brackets - there's no option for neither.

You're right! That's strange. It definately said you didn't need the cradle at one point. Here's the thread where we talked about it before:

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=42110&highlight=bluetooth

The very last post is from me saying that you don't need it.

staz1000 said:
You're right! That's strange. It definately said you didn't need the cradle at one point.

I think what they mean is that you don't need the cradle the phone goes into rather than the connection block which the cradle attaches to. IMHO the dash mounted block is ugly and the armrest option hides it nicely

You'll still need to order the MFSW from Audi for this to work. I notice it wasn't in your spec list (posted on TSN)

jasaudi said:
I think what they mean is that you don't need the cradle the phone goes into rather than the connection block which the cradle attaches to. IMHO the dash mounted block is ugly and the armrest option hides it nicely

No it said "bluetooth phone prep" no mention of any connector, adaptor etc. Might have to get an armrest now :mad: