Gorgeous A3 from ED38

N8

Kowalski Details
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hi Guys,

I thought I would share this A3 with you lot. I saw it on the 'debaged' post and have since then have been searching the net trying to find more pictures of it! I think it's from Holland, I don't if the owner is on this forum or if anyone on here knows him but I just wanted to share pics with you.

Its lowered on 19" Sportecs. I'm now thinking about getting these rims when I get my A3, I don't think I will drop mine as low, just a little bit higher, I think its gorgeous though. What do you guys think?

Feedback please..

Trust me man. Coilovers are the way forward. They are worth EVERY SINGLE penny. I never realised until I experienced them in other peoples cars. I am getting them for my A3 even if I don't mod it in any other way!

Yeah looks great I too saw this at Ed38, it was parked with quite a few other 'foreign' plated cars.

I'm a fan :)

he is from holland and is part for the vw-speed.nl crew and you found more pics of it than i did lol

they are sportec's as you say, mono 10's to be exact and will set you back £1600 without tyres!!! (from AMDtechnique)

the suspension is not coilovers, he uses airbag suspension so he can use a compressor in his boot to raise the car up and down

i am also considering removing the rear badge- take a look at a photochop i did earlier

p8151236oq3.jpg

Edition 38 - its a big VAG show that happens at the end of august in Northhampton

attracks a huge crowd from all over europe - i was to go but rugby training clashed :(

Boydie said:
he is from holland and is part for the vw-speed.nl crew and you found more pics of it than i did lol

they are sportec's as you say, mono 10's to be exact and will set you back £1600 without tyres!!! (from AMDtechnique)

the suspension is not coilovers, he uses airbag suspension so he can use a compressor in his boot to raise the car up and down

i am also considering removing the rear badge- take a look at a photochop i did earlier

Hi Boydie, I love how ur car is sat in the picture. Thats how mine is gonna look, I know they are Mono 10s my friend has them on his TT :o.k: . I can get them for £900 with tyres :) Contacts. It does look like an airbag setup actually. Your A3 is one of the nicest on here Boydie:hubbahubba:

thanks mate, may look into attending that one next year.

i think that looks awful... the alloys are too big for the car and the ride height looks silly.....

i dont think i get it :faint:

Ditto..looks completely naff and ruins the styling of the car. Very chav.

N8KOW said:
They are only 19s? 1" bigger than your S3 rims. Ride height is too low. Agreed. We're all different. Ur S3 looks nice klauster!

are they 19's they look more like 20's... i can harderly see any rubber at all :w00t: its possible its my eyesight thats failing then :sadlike:

thanks for the kind words on my motor, its coming along nicely :yes:

the rims set the car off in my opinion and as stated - that is show hieght, his driving hieght is probably around where mine is

thanks for the comments n8ow, let me in on these contacts ;) i might like a second set of rims lol

uch no harm in me asking lol get the pics up once you get a set!!

He really should have uprated his brake discs, they look ridiculous with those wheels. Basically all show....

i am only lowered 25mm all round on the coilovers but i am tempted to go lower at the back!

oh and before you think, the pic of my car is photoshopped lower too!

is the nice A3 hiding somewhere behind the one with the knackered springs and a car bra?

I must be getting old. To me, the cars on this thread look

a) Like they are full of very fat people

or

b) Like the suspension is knackered

Either way, they have lost the 'class' that comes with an Audi. If i wanted a chav-mo-bile, i would buy a corsa, not an Audi

I think you need to be taught the definitition between "chav" and tastefull modification

to me a chav style is big roof spoilers, loud big bore 4 exhaust, huge bodykits, pumping bass sound systems, seats leaned backwards, peak cap at 45 degrees on the drivers head, shopping trolly list on the doors, neons, bonnet vents etc.....

i see none of that in the above

each to their own really, you may be from a diffferent back ground regarding car ownership, modification is about individuality and style so i guess you are getting old, no need to be so snobby about it!

N8KOW said:
Oh right. I want my car sat about how yours is in the photoshop!!!! Looks perfect. Whats goin on with the mudflaps??

everyone hates the mudflaps for some reason! to me they serve a purpose and i dont mind them, i just wish they would fit the Votex sideskirts at the front (they stop paint chipping )

Ha Ha. They do serve a purpose but you're not driving a Subaru WRX Rally Car!!!!! As long as your happy Boydie. Car would look SOOOO much better without them. IMO

Boydie said:
I think you need to be taught the definitition between "chav" and tastefull modification

to me a chav style is big roof spoilers, loud big bore 4 exhaust, huge bodykits, pumping bass sound systems, seats leaned backwards, peak cap at 45 degrees on the drivers head, shopping trolly list on the doors, neons, bonnet vents etc.....

i see none of that in the above

each to their own really, you may be from a diffferent back ground regarding car ownership, modification is about individuality and style so i guess you are getting old, no need to be so snobby about it!

Did not mean to offend you, however If you put pics of your car up, you have to expect comments. For what it's worth your car looks the better of the two. My own opinion is that you have (presumably) worked hard to buy yourself an Audi. A marque of car that costs more and is held in higher prestige than many other brands. Why cheapen it with oversized wheels and a daft ride height?

i get my car back tomorrow with no badges on it and a nice coat of Zymol vintage next on the to do list is turning the coilovers down another 1"

That A3 in the 1st pics looks awesome!
Standard bodywork? - or are those the votex side skirts?

A3tdguy - not a problem, i have just experienced some of the same comments before on this site and sometimes i got off on a wee rant lol but thanks for the comments and yes,i did work hard! :)

gordy - looks like votex skirts and a smoothed rear bumper ie the line below the "indent" and looks like the exhaust hole is smoothed too - compare mine with his

going to take off the flaps too see the difference!

Boydie - yeh exhaust hole has been smoothed over, what "indent" line has been smoothed?

look at the picture of my car - do you see the line that goes the length of the bumper between the exhaust and just below the "indent" in the middle of the bumper?

he has had that line smoothed by the looks of it

i dont get it - surely as soon as that car hits a bump its going to peel off its front wings!!!!

read the whole thread steve - its on airbag suspension so when it drives the car raises up to a decent driving height like mine for instance