Dumbest Question Ever - What Colour is my A3?

magnus911

R8GGA
Reaction score
Website
www.it-tronics.co.uk
Hey Guys, just a quick one as I imagine the first one of you to look will be able to tell me the answer...I bought my Audi about 2 months ago but never asked what the colour was. I've tried configuring one on the Audi site and I reckon it's one of two. It's either Akoya Silver or Avus Silver and I'm just not arty enough to figure out which!

Thanks in advance for your replies - it'll be helpful when I'm asking a body shop to spray a lip spoiler for me!

Also, can anyone tell me why my car is ostensibly "S-Line" and has the door sills, badges and 18" rims but doesn't have "S-Line" embossed in the back of the front seats?

Thanks!

DSCF1342.jpg

Thank that's Avus but I'm guessing tbh.

Regards the S-Line embossing on the seats, you only get this with the standard S-Line interior - if the car has special seats, such as the two-tone leather exclusive ones then you won't get it.

I had an S-Line loaner with this a while back and the black/red seats had no logo embossed on them and the steering wheel and gearknob had red stitching round them rather than the standard S-Line multicoloured stuff. It also had special floor mats with red piping round them.

Oh Ok thanks, it's weird because I have a standard 3-spoke steering wheel with no 's-line' badges on it either... The only S-line kit I seem to have are the badges, the 18" wheels and the kick plates...

Also, my seats are half leather in black.

take a look in the boot and find the data sticker. The paint code is printed on there. Then google the paint code.

magnus911 said:
Hey Guys, just a quick one as I imagine the first one of you to look will be able to tell me the answer...I bought my Audi about 2 months ago but never asked what the colour was. I've tried configuring one on the Audi site and I reckon it's one of two. It's either Akoya Silver or Avus Silver and I'm just not arty enough to figure out which!

Thanks in advance for your replies - it'll be helpful when I'm asking a body shop to spray a lip spoiler for me!

Also, can anyone tell me why my car is ostensibly "S-Line" and has the door sills, badges and 18" rims but doesn't have "S-Line" embossed in the back of the front seats?

Thanks!

IIRC the S-Line wording on the leather was added as an option after your 2004 model. Mine also has not go it.

Yes mine is classed as an S-Line the same as yours (the colour is a giveaway being an S-line exclusive colour), except mine has a proper gear box ;). At the time of build for an 04 and some 05's the s-line was an ad-on not a specific model. They where all Sports with s-line added as an option, thats why most V5's say Sport Quattro. Audi then release the s-line as an actual model.

If you do a search you may find the thread this was discussed in raised some time ago about V5 descriptions.

Oh OK, Got it! I wondered that about mine - when I arranged my insurance and put in the registration mark I couldn't understand why it came up as a SPORT and not an S-Line...

Thanks Sussex!