Tuning/Modding companies???

killa_z

Couped Out
Reaction score
am looking around for possible modifications to be made to an A3 but am not full aware of all the companies who offer products/services to do this

my main concern at the moment is bodystyling and i only know of oettinger, ABT and hofele

can you fellas help me out and let me know of others along with links to their respective online stores/websites

thanks alot

What kind of modifications did you have in mind? Cosmetic or perfomance

You also have companies like Zender, Mattig, Carline, MS Designs, Kamei, CSR Auto, RaceDesign Automotive, Dietrich, IN Tuning, SRS Tech, Project Zwo.

Just google them. I know of a company called Liquid Automotive that used to be able to get hold of pretty much anything, so check thm online.

emzino said:
What kind of modifications did you have in mind? Cosmetic or perfomance

cosmetic

thanks Shao for the list, will get searching!

any more guys?

Hi,

I have been recommended to take my A4 to www.dnatuning.com. John is very highly experienced at tuning ECUs and his prices look reasonable. Reading customer comments shows that they are all very satisfied and his work is primarily on VW/Audi & Porsche.

I have started dialogue with him and hope to get my motor done in the very near future.

I've been pulling my hair out (the little I've got left!) as I feels like a real nightmare finding the right guys to trust your car to. Especially reading some of the problems others have experienced!

So I will only go to those that are recommeded rather than just having a load of names offered to me.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Jason

DNA Tuning Eh - John used to run this site...I think he got stiffed over by some oh so nice chap in Bicester......

The list I gave is for cosmetic not tuning companies, whilest some of those have tuning arms.

As for tuning, recomendation helps, but I would also try to drive a few mapped cars and see what you think as they normally have different torque and power charactoristics - for example I like the way Oettinger developed stuff in the past (similar to superchips now) which provides curves very similar to stock - just more of it - where as some other tuners give a huge great spike or torque early one - just felt to brutal to me.

Thanks Shao for your comments, it's a right minefield! I have found john on the www.checksumm.com website I understand like you mentioned that the power curves should be very similar in shape just a bit higher up the graph.

So I will chat to John about it and have a look at Oettinger's offerings also....phew!

I think that once you make a decision you really need to stick to it!

Kind regards
Jason