Grey A3 pics needed

robby

Reaction score
Well tommorow i'm going for a test drive in a 2003 2.0tdi sport :)

It's in dark grey which wasn't a colour i had on my list but i'm hoping some peeps on here have the same colour and will have pics to sway me.
Has anyone got any pics with different wheels, etc so i can see how it will look

Thanks

Could be Dolphin Grey which is a pure grey OR

Lava Grey which kinda changes colour, can look dark brown in some lights.

Plenty of pics of both on the sticky picture thread.

Alternatively look at the used cars on the Audi UK website, loads of pics of real cars in both colours on there.

My picture taking skills are terrible but here's some anyway... only stock wheels sorry but it's got chrome wing mirrors by in.pro and a front grill panel by ABT.

Lava Grey '03 A3 2.0 TDi Sport 140

i must admit i was dubious before i got my dolphin grey A3 this march - but after getting it I know i have made the right choice it is a very classy colour for a classy car and is a nice mid-tone colour (not too light not too dark) even though its a 'standard mettalic' ie not pearl it still looks nice in the sun, you get some nice shades and reflections on it that just look class

PS whoevers is that A3 up in this thread with those horrible tacky rear light clusters.... a tip...... put the originals back on as those ones you have look sooooo tacky..... its like some boy racer done up nova! Come on fella its an Audi!

thanks for the pics - it was the darker grey i went to see

definately not getting that car as it was a shed, climate panel looked as though it had melted (or something had beed spilt all over it), scratches everywhere, repainted in several places (badly), touched up with a sweeping brush (or so it looked), drivers seat bolster was threadbare (car had done 80k) - it would need a few hundred spending to make it look good so i'd rather save a bit more and get a car that doesn't need any work

will get there in the end?

steve184 said:
PS whoevers is that A3 up in this thread with those horrible tacky rear light clusters.... a tip...... put the originals back on as those ones you have look sooooo tacky..... its like some boy racer done up nova! Come on fella its an Audi!

Firstly, they're LED not clusters and if you hadn't noticed Audi are starting to move towards using LEDS as standard.

Secondly, I didn't pay up for a classy car like an Audi so I could be a sheep! I like the lights and make no apologies for my car not being your exact taste, but then I don't think you have an exact taste - you've abandoned your individuality and adopted that of the Audi designers.

Thirdly, I signed up to these forums when I got my car hoping to become part of a knowledgeable community but all I've witnessed is this kind of small-minded ********. I posted the pics to help someone make a decision on a colour... I didn't invite insults.

If you don't like the lights then either keep it to yourself or politely say they're not something you'd choose, rather than tell me I've made my car into a 'sooooo tacky' boy racer done up nova!

Apologies to everyone else in this thread, I'm not normally rude but this place is just too hypocritical.

oh yes thats what i meant to say... 'there not something i'd choose'... in a million years!

Sorry! just my opinion!

Yeh LED's are a good thing - if they look good. These simply don't in my opinion - so whats the point? But fair comment - each to their own, however i know if i were looking to buy a car like that and saw those lights i would walk away because i would be wondering about the 'individuality tastes' of the person that owned it.

Definately wasn't an insult my friend... more of a tip! Apart from that, nice looking car and nice mirrors (providing they don't get nicked!)

Robby, it actually comes with a glue to fix it on and they claim it's completely removable. I decided to screw mine on anyway just to make it more secure, and the holes weren't a worry as my family owns a body repair shop. I guess if I couldn't repair the holes after it comes off (for selling the car) I'd just use the glue.

Here's the link for where I bought it.

For what it's worth I think both they grey colours look good!

wesd said:
Robby, it actually comes with a glue to fix it on and they claim it's completely removable. I decided to screw mine on anyway just to make it more secure, and the holes weren't a worry as my family owns a body repair shop. I guess if I couldn't repair the holes after it comes off (for selling the car) I'd just use the glue.

Here's the link for where I bought it.

For what it's worth I think both they grey colours look good!
I had one of these on my last A3 (identical car to the one above - dolphin grey, standard sport wheels, and S3 mirrors).

I bought mine direct from www.abt-sportline.de - worked out slightly cheaper than awesomegti.

I wasn't too concerned about being able to remove the panel, as I knew that when I changed the car this year I'd be buying the new model, so wouldn't need the panel. I glued the panel on, but also used the screws that hold the number plate surround on to keep the panel on.

Update - just bought a moro blue? (very dark blue) 2.0tdi sport with full factory bodykit - pick it up on saturday :)
it's got 83k (53 plate) but has just had full service inc timing belt and is described as excellent in/ out

Do you think it'll be asking for trouble remapping it with this mileage?