Volks AutosChris Nott
    3rd Gear

Status

2.0T ECU S/W update recall

Anyone else had this ?

My car went in for service on Tuesday, and they did a S/W update on the engine at the same time. Apparently, it's a non-essential recall which gives performance and economy improvement, which is only done as and when cars come in to the dealers. Only applies to 2.0T models.

Can't say that I've noticed any difference in performance, but pulling away from rest is a lot smoother. Before, I found you had to get the revs and clutch action spot-on to avoid any jerkiness.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    I've had something similar done when my A4 went in for it's 1st service. Car is so much smoother since the update.

1st Gear

Status
    Had mine done last month - pickup is smoother as you say, but I haven't noticed any economy improvements - in fact my car seems to defy accepted wisdom and from new up to 6000miles I've lost about 25 miles per tank.
    2.0T FSi quattro Sline - Lava Grey
    Bose/Symphony

6th Gear

Status
    Had mine done too. I was told that it prevents the ECU light from coming on when it shouldn't.

Recruit

Status
    my 2.0t is due for a sevice now will this have an affect on my remap by revo?
    TTS STRONIC: IBIS WHITE | ACOUSTIC PARKING | BOSE

"PREVIOUS: A3/2.0T/S-TRONIC/REVO Stage 1/VAGCOM/RETRO FIT RNS-E, ALU PEDALS/INT LEDS"

Unofficial Audi UK Endurance Test Driver

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by rodo
    my 2.0t is due for a sevice now will this have an affect on my remap by revo?
    if they do update your ECU to a new map (Upgrade) your revo one will be replaced.

you could buy the revo SP1 so u can save your map, and upload it at a later date
    LAND ROVER DEFENDER 2.5 Td5
    EGR valve removed, DE-cat down pipe, Turbo boost pressure increased to 22 psi, Upgraded full size intercooler, Stage 3 remap, single mass flywheel conversion, with performance pressure plate and racing friction disc. 210hp 500 Nm

The Audi A3 2.0 TDI S line DSG Has gone and forgotten

3rd Gear

Status
    You will need your ecu reflashed by your Revo dealer as the dealer will reflash the ecu which will overwrite the Revo code. The dealer will be able to get a credit against the reflash as you already have the code and his cable will have the log of your car being flashed. So there should be no charge. The SPS does not save the Revo code, it simply switches between version of the map on the ecu.

Hope this helps.
    Pragmatik ICT
    Revo (VAG & Porsche) & Steinbauer Dealer for Suffolk & N.Essex
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDi Sport DSG Revo Stage 1 & 2
    Porsche Boxster S Revo Stage 1

6th Gear

Status
    Dealer said mine didn't need doing?

Delivery Jan 07, was in PDI in Nov 06
    NOW - Audi S3 Facelift - Sprint Blue, RNS-E Sat Nav, SDS, Bluetooth Phone Prep, Bose, Cruise, Buckets, FBMFSW, Adaptive Lights, Int Light Pack, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Piano Black Inserts, Through Load, Auto Dim RV Mirror/Wing, Auto Wipers/Lights, Folding Door Mirrors, Heated Seats, Ipod Dock, Front Arm Rest, Rear/Front Parking Sensors, 1st Aid Kit, Rear Arm Rest, H + R Springs, Front 15mm Spacers, Rear 10mm Spacers.

6th Gear

Status
    My paperwork lists this as recall 24H8 - Software update if anyone wants to be more specific with their dealers.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thnaks for this info, i've only had my 54 plate A3 a couple of weeks so i thought i'd give them a ring (Lincoln Audi), gave them all my details so the car is now linked with myself, then asked about this update and she said it is needed but not urgently anyway she punched in some more details and it needs an o ring relacement as well so it's booked in for friday.Nice one Thanks

Reverse Gear

Status
    Just got the papers that I need to take my S3 in for a 24H8 action. Now I at least know what it's about. Got me pretty concerned for a while.