Some pics of S3 + H&R + detailing

klauster

Reaction score
Had my suspension sorted yesterday, really pleased with the feel and ride now, corners are great now, very little body roll :blow:

Had the car detailed today and was pleased with the results, here are some pics:

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0086.jpg

IMG_0084.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0082.jpg

IMG_0081.jpg

IMG_0080.jpg

IMG_0077.jpg

IMG_0089.jpg

Comments welcome ;)

Looks amazing mate! where did you get your suspention done?

Its a lot cleaner than last time I saw it!! Looks great 25mm lower too.

Regards, John.

daviscup said:
Looks great :icon_thumright: Did you fit only springs or ARB's as well?

Went for the springs and ARB's :sly:

JohnS3 said:
Its a lot cleaner than last time I saw it!! Looks great 25mm lower too.

Regards, John.

Shhhh I always keep it in this condition ;)

Cheers John :)

siu00adg said:
Looks amazing mate! where did you get your suspention done?

Cheers fella, took it to awesome in the end, cheers Dean :icon_thumright:

klauster said:
Cheers fella, took it to awesome in the end, cheers Dean :icon_thumright:

Thats where I'll end up going for the suspension, exhaust and CAI I think.

Does it handle better? how is the ride?

I think the handling is spot on now, a lot less body roll and less wollowy (not sure thats a word) I did find the standard suspension abit slow to respond on fast B roads.

It basically feels like my Mkiv R32 ride and goes round corners as fast :icon_thumright:

klauster said:
I think the handling is spot on now, a lot less body roll and less wollowy (not sure thats a word) I did find the standard suspension abit slow to respond on fast B roads.

It basically feels like my Mkiv R32 ride and goes round corners as fast :icon_thumright:
Your car looks very nice :icon_thumright: I'm definately going to fit H&R ARB's and Springs along with some spacers as soon as i get my S3. Do you have spacers fitted to your car?

How much did it cost? Did you need to get wheel allignment done afterwards?

Very nice ! What are Audi like in regards to warrenty of minor mods like lowering springs / ARB's ? Dependant on dealer ?

Richard

IH786 said:
Your car looks very nice :icon_thumright: I'm definately going to fit H&R ARB's and Springs along with some spacers as soon as i get my S3. Do you have spacers fitted to your car?

yeah i have the H&R Spacers 10mm all round

rsarjantson said:
Very nice ! What are Audi like in regards to warrenty of minor mods like lowering springs / ARB's ? Dependant on dealer ?

Richard

not sure tbh

God!! I really cant wait now.. Got my Springs and ARB's on the way, should be getting fitted at some point next week!!

Will have Chip, Exhaust, Intake, Engine Mounts, Springs, ARB's, Wheels and other bits and bobs too all done :rockwoot:

IH786 said:

oh and yes I did have the geometry checked afterwards :icon_thumright:

Looks great - in a fab colour as well.

rsarjantson said:

Richard

You will probably find very little problem as they would need to prove (and the onus is on them) that your mod caused the issue, and I feel most dealers would just over look such items - in fact some probably wont notice!

cheers for the positive comments, really chuffed with it, right off to find some roundabouts :cool:

klauster said:
cheers for the positive comments, really chuffed with it, right off to find some roundabouts :cool:

Are you getting any rubbing with it lowered? Also with your 10mm spacers what is that equivalent to whilst using the stock wheels?

jonnyc said:
Are you getting any rubbing with it lowered? Also with your 10mm spacers what is that equivalent to whilst using the stock wheels?

No, not getting any rubbing, not even when im cooking it

klauster said:

You need to come visit - From my house I have a track , sorry I mean road to work that has a lot of fast (60mph) chicanes, dual carriageways and tricky switchbacks ....... the only joy of living in Milton Keynes.

Shao_khan said:
You need to come visit - From my house I have a track , sorry I mean road to work that has a lot of fast (60mph) chicanes, dual carriageways and tricky switchbacks ....... the only joy of living in Milton Keynes.

done a few test drives around Milton Keynes, lots of straights and roundabouts :laugh:

TDI-line said:
Looks amazing fella.

How much does Arbs etc cost?

Cheers, the ARB's and Springs including fitting and geometry etc.. came to just short of £900. Not sure how that stands as far as suspension goes, but if i needed to spend that again I would, to get the same handling/feel/visual improvement.

Its got rid of the only thing that disappointed me with the whole car

Looks excellent. Glad you've done coilovers, a must to improve the whole ride of the car IMO, I love the S3 front bumper I'm defo putting that on my sportback..