New RS6 Avant - LED'ed Headlights

emzino

Reaction score
Firstly, the RS6 Avant had been reveiled today and I don't think theres a word in the dictionary to describe how sublime it is but i'll try... "stunning".

That aside, these are definitely the headlights that would work for the A3 (i think). Would you say the convertion is possible?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/EDITORIAL/i/common/slideshows/audi_rs6_avant_4.jpg
9070905.002.Mini9L.jpg

(Big brakes anyone?)

It's got LEDs around the rear brake lights as well just like the new AllRoad. Here's some pics of the rear, it looks lush!

audi_rs6_avant_3.jpg

You can just make out the LED dots going around.

audi_rs6_avant_9.jpg

I'd love to hear what that sounds like :music:

daviscup said:
Looking at that actually makes me feel like starting a family...........

Just started one, might have to sell both my kidneys and a lung to pay for the new family runaround ;)

emzino said:
That aside, these are definitely the headlights that would work for the A3 (i think). Would you say the convertion is possible?

They certainly look very similiar and It'll be a very nice Mod if they do. I guess only time will tell

Sounds like its DSG too!

It will not be DSG as the DSG is only designed for tranversly mounted engine and the RS6's engine is in-line. The A3 is the only car in the Audi range to have a transverse engine (apart from the new A1 when it comes out).

It could well be Audi's Multi-tronic which is similar in use but uses metal drive bands between cone shaped pullies. It has some strange characteristics though, like the engine speed not always matching the road speed. When I first test drove one in a A4 I was not very keen. Then I tried the DSG in an A3 and have never looked back!

h5djr said:
It will not be DSG as the DSG is only designed for tranversly mounted engine and the RS6's engine is in-line.

Veyron?

Veyron is DSG but not the same as the one in the A3! I believe DSG will be coming in the new A4. Audi will probably replace Multitronic with it and hopefully the Tiptronics too if the DSG will do Quattro.

Going back to the OP, those headlights look so much more complete than the S6 ones. I have to say that the S6 I see around me looks really tacky with the running lights in the bumper.

I don't think a conversion is on though. They're probably too big to look right on an A3

You may be able to fit the S6 LED unit (with some trimming) into the front of an A3 headlamp. It might obscure part of the main headlight beam, you'd have to test it with some tape. If I can find the right images I'll see if I can photoshop something together.

Veyron is DSG but not the same as the one in the A3! I believe DSG will be coming in the new A4. Audi will probably replace Multitronic with it and hopefully the Tiptronics too if the DSG will do Quattro.

Certainly not at the launch. It seems like they will be offering Manual, Tip-tronic auto and Multitronic depending on the model.

Full details HERE http://www.audiworld.com/news/07/b8-a4-first-look/

Macduff said:
Audi will probably replace Multitronic with it and hopefully the Tiptronics too if the DSG will do Quattro.

Audi uses DSG with Quattro in the A3 3.2Q S-Tronic.
Which I actually regret not picking instead of the S3.

Stockholm said:

Why ???

Have you owned or driven a 3.2 ?

Mark

Stockholm said:

ah but haldex quattro is quite a bit different to the A4/A6/A8 torsen quattro.