18" 20 spoke rims anyone?

maars

Full speed ahead
Reaction score
Looks like I've fiinally found the 19s I want so my Audi/BBS 18" 20-spoke pseudo split rims with mint Contisports (x2 new, x2 with 7k miles) are in need of a new home. The rims are in great condition with nothing but a few minor scuffs on the very edge of two of them.

Here's a pic of a A3 with them on:-

Send me a message via the forum if you're interested.

N8KOW said:
Could you show a picture of the rims that you are getting?

19" Audi rims - no pics as yet as I've not seen them on another A3 before. :)

New S5 rims!? or R8 rims.. mmmm

Got a price on R8 wheels.. basically over £4k all in

Thanks for all the PMs. I'll try and get some pics of the wheels and measure the tread depth in the next few days.

jonnyc said:
New S5 rims!? or R8 rims.. mmmm
Got a price on R8 wheels.. basically over £4k all in

There's a guide on the VWvortex forum with R8 style rims. My local dealer had one (R8) in the showroom - I didn't realise how compact it was!

I like the Kahn RS-X rims but they only make them for 4x4 in 20s and above

N8KOW said:
Any pictures of your new 19s yet????

Should be getting them next weekend hopefully.

Apologies to all those who have PM'd or emailed me. I'm away this week in the middle of nowhere and only have limited internet access, via my work Blackberry. For some reason I can't reply to PMs or answer personal emails :-( I promise to get back to you at the weekend and will post up some detailed pics of the rims.

I'll let you know next week when hopefully I'll have them. They need a refurb and new tyres before being fitted.

Just back from my holiday so will post pics in the next few days...

Update - collected my 19s today...just hope they fit! I liked the 20-spokes so much I bought a set in 19" :meeting:

4f0601025l.JPG

OK, so the car got washed today and I managed to get some decent pics of the 18" 20-spokes on my car. The wheels are in excellent condition. The two with slight scuff marks right on the edge of the rims are NSF, OSF. Both rear tyres are new and both fronts have done just over 9k miles now.

001L_NSF.jpg

002L_NSR.jpg

003L_OSR.jpg

004L_OSF.jpg

can i ask how much you got the 19's for?

i have aways liked the 19's more due to the centre of the wheel where the bolts holes are is much deeper.

I'm beginning to really like these wheels now and seriously considering selling my S3 wheels and replacing them with 20 spoke just deciding wether to stick with 18" or upgarde to 19" .

I really like the 20 spoke but am fearful of spoiling the unique look of the S3, it s a shame Audi didn't make a little more effort with the standard alloys, don't get me wrong I like them - just don't love them. Decisions, decisions..........probably best to wait until after winter and then decide, if not the 20 spoke some other form of BBS multi -spoke.

Well I like the RS4 wheels but its very important to get the correct size and offset.
There is a set for sale on pistonheads which I think shows how not to do it,no offence meant if they belong to someone on here

dipstic said:

Oh!:ermm: Considering they're like ET29 or something similar they don't stick out as much as I imagined. Still a shoddy job though!

Itching to try my 19s but a combination of work and bad luck isn't helping right now. I went to the local tyre place to get them fitted and they didn't want to know/help. Oh and a trip to the Goodwood Breakfast Club was more pressing:icon_thumright: Spied a Wortec supercharged VXR8...hmmmm, V8 power and 19s as std! :eyebrows:

Spin140 said:
No he has decided to sell them to me instead, Ha Ha :)

Once I've checked the ****** things fit...

All those wanting 18" 20-spokes form an orderly queue please ....

Well i've been waiting for them for ages. Admittedly, I then said no as I had to buy other ones. But i'm still officially 1st:p

I'd like to be officially 2nd, until Sat officially pulls out :icon_thumright:

spin140 is 2nd, so that makes you 3rd I guess...
*wishes he had three sets to sell!*

Well Sat is officially pulling out again! Seeing as people are fighting for them it shouldn't cause any problems at all:icon_thumright:
Its actually been a hard decision, I really wish I could have gone for both but in the end I decided to go for the wide buggers!!

Preview:

zo11.jpg

zo10.jpg

zo9.jpg

zo8.jpg

zo7.jpg

zo6.jpg

zo5.jpg

zo4.jpg

zo3.jpg

zo1.jpg

zo.jpg