Sky InsuranceAH Fabrications
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bose ?

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 6andy69
    Is it easy to add bose, if you have bought the car without it?
    Its not impossible, all speakers need replacing along with the sub, you'll also need to do a fair bit of wiring.

Much better to invest the money in a decent aftermarkey audio setup, it'll be easier to install and sound much better than the BOSE effort IMO.
    A6 3.0 TDI.

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    I cannot wait to remove BOSE from mine !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bowfer
    Bose aren't just known for space saving innovation.
    I know what you're saying (soundwave radio / small cube speakers etc.) but it wouldn't mean anything if they sounded ****e.
    They sound bloody good,along with space saving innovation,surely.
    No they sound OK, they only sound good when you take into account the size of the unit. So their Wave radio sounds OK as a small ghetto blaster, but sounds good as a clock radio. Same with Acoustimass. Compare it to a fairly decent system half the cost, Bose sounds average.
    Bose is really for people who just want OK sound without any overhead of space. I've heard good things about their headphones, which is an excellent use of their skills as space is obviously a bif restriction, but car audio - forget it. Listen tot he DynAudio system in a Volvo, now that's an upgrade!
    "How to tear apart the ties that bind, perhaps fcuk off might be too kind"
    Alex Turner

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveTDCi
    I cannot wait to remove BOSE from mine !
    Nor could I.

Be interesting to hear what the new (well on the A4 and others) B & O option will sound like.

I like the idea of pop up tweeters.

Paul
    2011 (MY12) Skoda Octavia II FL VRS Manual Hatch 2.0Tsi in Race Blue.
    Gone not forgotten -
    2005 Black A3 (8P1) S-Line 2.0TDi DSG. Eibach Pro Springs, Koni FSD shocks and a few bling bits inside.
    Revo 99 GTi Turbo, too much to list mod wise.
    92 Golf Gti Mark 2 16V.

VCDS HEX-USB+CAN

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyMac
    I've heard good things about their headphones, which is an excellent use of their skills as space is obviously a bif restriction,
    I've got a set of their little in ear head phones, can;t remeber the name, and they brilliant.

J.
    Married and blonde yes, but still a guy with a poor taste in usernames!

Mercedes Benze E-class 350 sport convertable, black, pacha grey leather, 19" AMG rims, HK stero and a few more toys
    VW Scirocco 2.0Tsi GT with Revo stage 2, evoms induction kit, lowered, short shift, miltek
    BMW 330 Coupe M sport Black, Black leather, Nav and a lot of other options.
    BMW Z4 Coupe Sport in black with a few toys - going friday and gonna be missed by my lad.
    A3 2.0Tdi S-Line DSG. Gone but not forgotten

Status
    The B&O system is free if you place your order for the new A4 by end of Feb 2008
    Alex Turner

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Gti Jazz Blue
    Nor could I.

Be interesting to hear what the new (well on the A4 and others) B & O option will sound like.

I like the idea of pop up tweeters.

Paul
    The A4 won't have the motorised pop up tweeters.
    That's the A8 only, but it's something like 5000 on that car!
    '02 to '05 - Black Audi A4 1.9tdi sport
    '05 to '08 - Akoya Silver A3 sportback S-line DSG
    '08 to ? - Black Alpina D3

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyMac
    The B&O system is free if you place your order for the new A4 by end of Feb 2008
    Where have you seen this? It's quoted as 525 in the brochure.

Audi dealers don't seem that clued up on the new A4, I'm trying to find the spec for the A4 S-line but nobody can tell me anything about it!

There was a left hand drive New A4 in Preston Audi last weekend, looks really good although it wasn't a UK spec car so wasn't easy to compare.
    A4 (B8) TDi S-Line Avant - Brilliant Black - Electric Tailgate opening, folding mirrors, Phone Prep and Storage Pack

Third Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by stotty2
    Audi dealers don't seem that clued up on the new A4, I'm trying to find the spec for the A4 S-line but nobody can tell me anything about it!
    They never do, I always find it best to use the Audi germany site as they get the models first and have them on thier configorator. You dont need to speak German, but I suppose it helps, although it's not that difficult to work out.
    Try this, it may be on here, if not you can bet it will be on months before the Uk site, will be german spec but at least you will be able to see the options Etc.Always found it usefull in the past.

www.audi.de

Mark
    Last edited by markwiggy; 15th January 2008 at 18:01.
    07 S3 Sprint Blue Now Sold
    12 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic Now sold
    A3 20 TDI S-Line Sportback in Daytona Grey with Aluminium Roof Rails, Fine Nappa Leather, Sat Nav, Comfort pack,Audi Sound System, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Privacy Glass, Interior Light Pack, Non Smoke Pack.

5th Gear

Status
    I think Volvo as Andy has already pointed out with the Dyna Audio package ( or VW too ) would be worth leaving standard or the new JAG XF that has a bowers & Wilkins setup.

Moisty
    I think the Audi Bose setup is pretty good, seen worse though, my BMWs and Mercedes have had the upgraded systems (HK I think), not as good as Audi.

Lexus is about the best I have heard (Mark Levinson?)

Had the new style Jag Super V8, not particularly impressed with the sound.

Status
    Thats funny the link I found no longer works, was on audi.co.uk, it was there 2 hours ago.
    Luckily I saved the PDF which says:
    "Current Audi owners ordering a new A4 Saloon before February 29, 2008, will
    receive a Bang & Olufsen Sound System completely free of charge*. This superb system, which is designed specifically for the new A4, provides premium quality surround-sound reproduction through 14 high-performance speakers (505 Watts) with dynamic noise compensation and a 10-channel
    amplifier.
    Order books for the new A4 are now open: please visit www.audi.co.uk to see the downloadable price and specification guide.
    *Offer valid on all orders placed by February 29, 2008 by existing Audi customers. Proof of ownership required at time of order. On standard trim level, there will be an extra cost to upgrade to a Concert radio to qualify for the Bang & Olufsen Sound System.
    Alex Turner

6th Gear

Status
    Yup, definitely free B+O on the new A4 to existing Audi owners.
    I got a letter at home about it too.
    The Mark Levinson set up in the Lexus is amazing, but expensive.
    Well over a grand, I think £1500?
    Volvo next best.
    Bose next.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Moisty
    I think the Audi Bose setup is pretty good, seen worse though, my BMWs and Mercedes have had the upgraded systems (HK I think), not as good as Audi.
    The HK upgrade in the E46 coupe was awesome and blew the bose into the weeds, I didn't bother with the upgrade in my current car (expesnive and pants imho), just spent 100 on a self amped Infinity Sub which has helped with the sound no end.

J.
    Married and blonde yes, but still a guy with a poor taste in usernames!

Mercedes Benze E-class 350 sport convertable, black, pacha grey leather, 19" AMG rims, HK stero and a few more toys
    VW Scirocco 2.0Tsi GT with Revo stage 2, evoms induction kit, lowered, short shift, miltek
    BMW 330 Coupe M sport Black, Black leather, Nav and a lot of other options.
    BMW Z4 Coupe Sport in black with a few toys - going friday and gonna be missed by my lad.
    A3 2.0Tdi S-Line DSG. Gone but not forgotten

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo1
    It used to do that on all models but BOSE-equipped cars have replaced basic GALA with AudioPilot which reacts to the ambient noise level rather than just the speed.

Works really well actually - you can hear it adjusting the volume depending on the amount of road noise as you drive over different surfaces.
    Does anyone elses BOSE systems get the nark and increase the volume when you've turned it down? When I adjust mine down, after a couple of seconds it increases itself a notch and you have to turn it down again, very odd and annoying

5th Gear

Status
    Have you got it set so that increases the volume due to the imcrease in road noise ? also with BOSE it apparently increases the volume in quite pieces of music, it should tell you in the radio handbook, its there .. I only read it 2 hours ago !

Moisty
    Quote Originally Posted by marriedblonde
    The HK upgrade in the E46 coupe was awesome and blew the bose into the weedsJ.

Very surprised with that comment. Just shows how different people can have very different opinions. No wonder manufacturers of sound systems have their work cut out!

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveTDCi
    Have you got it set so that increases the volume due to the imcrease in road noise ? also with BOSE it apparently increases the volume in quite pieces of music, it should tell you in the radio handbook, its there .. I only read it 2 hours ago !

Naah, as far as I know there is no setting for this, I'll turn it down to a level where I cna hear someone talking to me but it then increased itself a little, no difference in speed/roadnoise etc

Neutral

Status
    Yup, definitely free B+O on the new A4 to existing Audi owners.
    I got a letter at home about it too.
    Bowfer, where have you seen this about the free B+O upgrade, I can't find it anywhere and I'm seriously considering a new A4, any chance you could pass me the details?
    A4 (B8) TDi S-Line Avant - Brilliant Black - Electric Tailgate opening, folding mirrors, Phone Prep and Storage Pack

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by stotty2
    Bowfer, where have you seen this about the free B+O upgrade, I can't find it anywhere and I'm seriously considering a new A4, any chance you could pass me the details?
    It was a letter I got from Audi, ages ago.
    I threw it out, sorry.
    The following link might help?

http://www.audinationwide.co.uk/news...on-the-new-a4/

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by marriedblonde
    I didn't bother with the upgrade in my current car (expesnive and pants imho), just spent 100 on a self amped Infinity Sub which has helped with the sound no end.J.
    In the manner of a Grease extra..."tell me more"
    You've got the 'professional' set-up, yes?
    Was your car pre-wired for a sub, or did you have to rip sh*t up?

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bacardi
    Naah, as far as I know there is no setting for this, I'll turn it down to a level where I cna hear someone talking to me but it then increased itself a little, no difference in speed/roadnoise etc

I think it also adjusts for ambient noise in the car also, so if there is noise in the car then the volume would raise?
    NOW - Audi S3 Facelift - Sprint Blue, RNS-E Sat Nav, SDS, Bluetooth Phone Prep, Bose, Cruise, Buckets, FBMFSW, Adaptive Lights, Int Light Pack, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Piano Black Inserts, Through Load, Auto Dim RV Mirror/Wing, Auto Wipers/Lights, Folding Door Mirrors, Heated Seats, Ipod Dock, Front Arm Rest, Rear/Front Parking Sensors, 1st Aid Kit, Rear Arm Rest, H + R Springs, Front 15mm Spacers, Rear 10mm Spacers.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bacardi
    Does anyone elses BOSE systems get the nark and increase the volume when you've turned it down? When I adjust mine down, after a couple of seconds it increases itself a notch and you have to turn it down again, very odd and annoying
    Mine does this too. It's most noticeable first thing in the morning, just after I pull off the drive, it turns it's self up a little. I might try and turn it off next time I have the vagcom plugged in.

Clog
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom
    My wife had a Mark Levinson set up in her Lexus, 11 speakers inc two subs , the sound was crystal clear , but just not dynamic! the bass was up full and it still wasn't enough! i think Bose is better for the car!

p
    Bose is great, had it free in an A4. Not sure it's worth the extra dosh though, rather spend it on something more useful.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnS3
    Mine does this too. It's most noticeable first thing in the morning, just after I pull off the drive, it turns it's self up a little. I might try and turn it off next time I have the vagcom plugged in.
    If you have any luck with this please let me know, Need an excuse to buy a cable

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    The A4 won't have the motorised pop up tweeters.
    That's the A8 only, but it's something like 5000 on that car!
    S5 as well bowfer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12