Superchips Bluefin extra power map for my 2.0 TDI

mjepson

Reaction score
I had the turbo cutoff problem again while driving on the highway, so i contacted superchips and asked if they could do something with the map. They thought it was an engine problem, and had only had 1-2 other 2.0 tdi's do this in past 3 years. They sent me a new map with less boost and fuelling, and i could notice it not being as responsive straight away.

I then asked to get my normal map back, and if they could increase on my normal map any more... so he gave me the standard map, and another one with a little extra boost, and extra fuelling. I now have 3 different maps saved on my harddrive :)

I loaded the high power into the bluefin and uploaded to my car, and immediatly felt the difference! It is much more responsive at all gears and at lower revs. Only downfall is that when you push all the way down it smokes a hell of a lot ;) But they assured me that this was not harmful for the car. They stated that the high power map gave an extra 10bhp at the top end.

So I'm leaving the high power map in the car for now, and se if the turbo cutoff happens more often now. It has only happened once in last 5 months.

Just had the wifes 2.0tdi DSG bluefinned. It was actually a transfer of the handset as I had my last 2 x 2.0tdi cars remapped, I had no issues at all previously but with the jetta it is a little smokey above 3,000 rpm - the disappointing thing is that the jetta only achieved 177 bhp (145 standard) when previous cars have all been in excess of 185 - the Guys at Superchips told me it was no issue having a little smoke but it is a bit off-putting - the saving grace is being a DSG it's not often at those sort of revs.

Well my smoke comes if i push it all the way in at around 2000 rpm... if i just drive normally it doesn't smoke much

Hi

Just had my S3 bluefined recently, what do you think they would say if i rang up and asked if the could do a new map for me with a little extra boost?

I would be willing to pay a little bit extra of course

I had my old Fabia VRS remapped by Jabba which made it great to drive but above 2.5k it bellowed smoke out, at 3.5k> you couldn't see out of the rear window

Johnnyb said:
Hi

Just had my S3 bluefined recently, what do you think they would say if i rang up and asked if the could do a new map for me with a little extra boost?

I would be willing to pay a little bit extra of course

Doubtful unless they think your car is not producing enough boost, the idea behind having generic maps is to keep the engine within 'safe' confines for longevity and of course so you have no reason to claim on the warranty.

If you are unsure about the power your car is producing it would be best to take it to a dyno.

mjepson said:
I had the turbo cutoff problem again while driving on the highway, so i contacted superchips and asked if they could do something with the map. They thought it was an engine problem, and had only had 1-2 other 2.0 tdi's do this in past 3 years. They sent me a new map with less boost and fuelling, and i could notice it not being as responsive straight away.

QUOTE]

what do you mean turbo cut-off? Is it cutting out permanently or only when you floor it and then recovering?? My 2.0 TDI isnt chipped but has some turbo cut off problems which appear to be permanent until the engine is switched off, the engineer said something in the turbo is sticking so its with audi now for a diagnostic.

Cooky

By turbo cutoff i mean that i am driving and suddenly loose power, and it remains like that until i stop the car and turn the ignition off/on. It's the same as yours...

As ive mentioned in another thread , this sudden power loss could be due to the wastegate on the turbo sticking open, or a faulty sensor foolng the ecu into keeping it open.

this will cause the power loss your talking about

Yes this could be the problem, and after searching around for "limp mode" i discovered that there could be many reasons for this happening...

Gonna buy VAG-COM and see if i can find any faults