Sky InsuranceMonster Motorsport
    1st Gear

Status

Service intervals?

Hi,
    Just got my new S3 and the service display says something like 19,000 Miles or 1060 days!

I thought services was every two years but this is saying nearly three. Has this changed or is AVS purely dependant on what the car says regardless of time?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3mike
    Hi,
    Just got my new S3 and the service display says something like 19,000 Miles or 1060 days!

I thought services was every two years but this is saying nearly three. Has this changed or is AVS purely dependant on what the car says regardless of time?
    Under AVS the displayed number of days is variable as well. If you use your car in heavy stop-start traffic a lot, you'll probably find the number of miles *and* the number of days to the next service, coming down together because you'll need your car to be serviced sooner.

Under AVS, the servicing is not "every two years" but rather when the display tells you that a service is due. The timing of the next service is variable and will change depending upon the conditions as measured by the car's ECU.
    Dave N

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks,

I thought the maximum time under AVS was two years which is why I'm confused.

As you say it will probably start dropping soon anway - I do a fair bit of town driving.

Neutral

Status
    The longlife service regime has now changed:

2008 model year A3, TT, A5/S5 can go a maximum of 20,000 miles or 3 years for its first inspection, and then 2 years thereafter. Depending on mileage it is quite possible you would have your oil change done seperatly from your inspection service. That is unless you were within 3,000 miles of your inspection service when the car tells you it needs its oil changed.
    Last edited by sputnik; 3rd September 2007 at 17:15.