Nice New A6 as courtesy car!

john_cook

I was the STIG.
Reaction score
My A3 has some problem with its turbo so its gone in to audi for repair. Was expecting some crappy A2 or something as a courtesy car but instead audi assist have got me a brand new 2.7TDI S-line A6 with full leather and sat nav to play with for a few days. Its absolutely massive compared to the A3, was scared to reverse it out of the parking space for fear of hitting the cars parked next to me at the dealership!

After a few days with it however I have decided actually, its really really nice!! Its so comfortable and smooth, I put the windows down and you just cant hear any diesel noise, it could be a petrol from its quietness and smoothness. Dont really want to give it back but guess I will have to when they fix my A3!

PS - The RNS-E is ok but glad I didnt shell out 1k for it about 3-4 months ago. Would rather save the notes now and just get a TOMTOM.

cooky

I've had a 1.4 A2, 2.0TDI A4 s-line, 2.4 A6 and a 2.0TFSI A4 avant as a courtesy car from Audi all brand new!

I loved the 2.0TFSI A4 avant (it inspired me to test drive the S3), but the A6 was my favourite of the lot, and the biggest supprise, I thought I was going to hate a big car like that but it was so nice and smooth, really fast and had an awesome exhaust note too :)

I'm getting another courtesy next week, here's hoping for an S5! also picking up my new S3 on Tuesday! :)

I recon I should be a professional Audi tester :)

You spawny sod, my 3.2 sportback has gone in for a gearbox oil seal and could be there for a month while the part is on back order. I've been given a bog standard A4 2.0Tdi to run around in, any tips on getting an upgrade;)

I've had A2s, A3s, A4s & A6s so far. Tried to blag an RS4 but it just ain't happening :(

I was thinking of asking them if they had anything really sporty but I chickened out. Guess if you dont ask you wont get. They did ask me if I was happy with getting an A6 (probably because its so much bigger than the A3, could be difficult to drive for some). Its a tiptronic with paddle shift, but i have just left it in auto mode.

one cheeky thing, they took a credit card swipe for 50 pounds incase I didnt fill the tank full of diesel on return of the car. When I got the car the needle had moved a fair bit off full, the rental guy had ******** off so there was nobody to tell. In my 2.0 tdi, the needle doesnt even move at all from full until i've racked up 100miles. Bit annoying but guess the nice A6 makes up for it a bit!

cooky