September 1st 2007 Delivery

XPOWER

Reaction score
Hi.
Is there any one else picked up their new A3 today to have a 57 plate.
I pick up my Ice Silver S3 at 9 this morning.

Options:-
Multi Faction steering wheel
DVD Satellite Navigation
Folding Door Mirrors
Parking Sensors
Sun roof
Sun band for windscreen
Tyre Warning indicator
Non-Smoking pack
Stone chip protection film
Anti-Shatter film for windows

Did anyone else manage to stall their new car as they were driving it away?:slapped:

Picked up my sprint blue one at 07.30 bit different to my previous 06 2.0TFSI Q S/LINE pleased I made the change

XPOWER said:
Hi.
Is there any one else picked up their new A3 today to have a 57 plate.
I pick up my Ice Silver S3 at 9 this morning.

Options:-
Multi Faction steering wheel
DVD Satellite Navigation
Folding Door Mirrors
Parking Sensors
Sun roof
Sun band for windscreen
Tyre Warning indicator
Non-Smoking pack
Stone chip protection film
Anti-Shatter film for windows

Did anyone else manage to stall their new car as they were driving it away?:slapped:

Some pictures please mate , mine comming october grr :keule:

Picking mine up on Tuesday. Does anyone have any tips?

I'll obviosuly be checking each panel, pane of glass and wheel carefully, along with making sure the spec is what I ordered.

If the spec isn't quite right, do you think that would be grounds for a nice discount? Obviosuly if I spot any damage I'll not accept the car, but do you think I'd be able to get a discount if they took the car back and repaired it? As it may never be the same / also big inconvenience for me.

Cheers,

Alex.

I got a £250 voucher to use after a minor paint defect that was removed by a heat lamp!

Had to make a few calls to Audi customer services mind.

Just out of interest, what build week were the cars that people have picked up today?

Nice enjoy!!!!!

Dont leave it parked overnight on public street .... i had my S3 keyed twice in 1 month :crying:

I picked mine up June 8th ... after checking over my order i spotted that they hadn't fit the darck birch trim, but instead put in the brushed aluminium. Naturally i pointed this out .. and to be honest they were a bit embarassed by this silly error. So due to this my next Variable Service will be free of charge!! :icon_thumright: In fact the brushed aluminium looks actually better, so i'm glad Audi made that mistake.

Thanks for the welcome.
I ordered it in May wanting a September delivery but never had a build date but it is a 2008 Model due to the fact it had sweeping dials when you turn the ignition on.

I'm lucky enough to be able to park it in a garage overnight to keep it safe.

Some Pics:-

DSCF1993.jpg

DSCF1996.jpg

DSCF2004.jpg

You are a lucky man :icon_thumright:

It looks great!

Nice, I specced mine Black but almost any colour suits the car... My only problem with my S3 is the amount of mosquitos I kill!!! No matter what some don't come off with gentle washing.... But having the car in Portugal, lots of good motorway and country roads mean that I basically can it anywhere I can... lolol... Without damaging the engine, etc, etc... healthy canning... eheh.... Got mine in April, no kerbed wheels no keying, nothing, still mint condition, just the mosquitos!

Enjoy mate, is a nice motor no matter who tells you otherwise
Pedro

Try AutoGlym Insect Remover. Works a treat at removing insects on my car, of which there are many!

I picked up my Sprint Blue S3 yesterday morning.

Haven't had much chance to drive it yet but I'm liking it so far, interior is lovely and it seems to go pretty well.

Still taking it easy, even though the salesman said it didn't need running in the manual says 1500km so I'll take it easy for a while.

I did have a little prod on the accelerator with the window open and it makes some great whooshing noises! Can't hear it with the windows closed much though!

s3mike said:
I picked up my Sprint Blue S3 yesterday morning.

Haven't had much chance to drive it yet but I'm liking it so far, interior is lovely and it seems to go pretty well.

Still taking it easy, even though the salesman said it didn't need running in the manual says 1500km so I'll take it easy for a while.

I did have a little prod on the accelerator with the window open and it makes some great whooshing noises! Can't hear it with the windows closed much though!

Show us some pcituress :) , when did u order her ?

Ordered in June, it arrived a couple of weeks back but I thought it would be worth waiting for the new reg.

Just been listening to the stereo, the BOSE system is pretty good, very clear and the Symphony CD lets you have 6 CDs full of MP3 and displays the track / artist etc.

Also went for a drive earlier and I'm starting to really like it! Cross country pace will be scary when it's run in, feels very composed - if a little bit 'bouncy'.

IMG_2626-01.jpg
IMG_2629-01.jpg
IMG_2601-01.jpg

Got Mine yesterday!

Brilliant Black 57 Plate S3 :)

Bucket Seats
DVD Satnav
Bose
IPOD connection
Centre Armrest
Blue Tooth Phone Prep
Flat bottom steering wheel
Adaptive Lights
Black optics Grill
Privacy Glass

Struggling to run it in tho, cause i just want to boot it :jump:

BrummieS3 said:
Got Mine yesterday!

Brilliant Black 57 Plate S3 :)

Bucket Seats
DVD Satnav
Bose
IPOD connection
Centre Armrest
Blue Tooth Phone Prep
Flat bottom steering wheel
Adaptive Lights
Black optics Grill
Privacy Glass

Struggling to run it in tho, cause i just want to boot it :jump:

Thats an imressive spec you got there, BrummieS3 :icon_thumright:

Where abouts from Brum are you? Did you get it from Bham Audi on Stratford Road? I ordered mine from there in July and i should get it in about 5 weeks time :cool:

Thanks for the positive comments.

The flat bottom steering wheel looks great and suits the S3.

I did 100 miles yesterday when I took my friend on a round trip to a Renault Dealership so he could sign papers for his new Clio that he’s picking up end of the month.

The sales people didn’t look that impressed that I was parked on their forecourt.:)

Just outside Bham in Redditch

Part Ex'd my TT R 2.0TFSI in for it and Birmingham Audi :)

BrummieS3 said:
Just outside Bham in Redditch

Part Ex'd my TT R 2.0TFSI in for it and Birmingham Audi :)

I'm from Castle Brom, pretty far from Redditch, but i work just across the road from Bham Audi.

Haven't seen many S3's around Brum, the most common one being a Sprint Blue one that has been spotted by almost everybody i talk to! Well soon there will be an Ibis White one on the streets :):)

IH786 said:
I'm from Castle Brom, pretty far from Redditch, but i work just across the road from Bham Audi.

Haven't seen many S3's around Brum, the most common one being a Sprint Blue one that has been spotted by almost everybody i talk to! Well soon there will be an Ibis White one on the streets :):)

Sounds Nice mate!!

Just thought i would post a couple of pics of my new S3 :)

XPOWER said:
Thanks for the positive comments.

The flat bottom steering wheel looks great and suits the S3.

I did 100 miles yesterday when I took my friend on a round trip to a Renault Dealership so he could sign papers for his new Clio that he’s picking up end of the month.

The sales people didn’t look that impressed that I was parked on their forecourt.:)
Just looked at your pics, soundproofing material under the hood this must be new for 2008. Not fitted to mine Jan 2007, wonder how much difference it makes.

With the window being closed I can’t notice excess engine noise apart from when I start it up when does make a bit of a clatter.

With the window open I can hear the turbo making a nice whistling noise which I can’t hear with them closed.

Hmm, that's weird - mine has no sound-proofing under the bonnet, but does have the dial sweep thing and should be MY08!

I hope you guys are all running your monsters in as per the manual. :)

Its extremely frustrating, until the magic point and then...

Foot -> Floor, Spine -> In to bucket, Brain -> Meltdown! :w00t:

You do get used to it, but I still cant stop dumping at at the lights and I thats after 3 months. :hi:

The new S3 is truely awsome and after 5 1/2 years of the old one (with a bit of teething issues with me and the buckets) can't sing its praises enough.

Only problem is I had to set the high speed indicator at 95 as I am forever doing silly speeds when i leave slip roads...

...and thats not without trying! :asskicking: Oops!

Three sets of pics and all three cars have the silver headlining (sorry Steve!) I choose black. Does it brighten up the interior or not make that much difference?

Regards, John.

I wasn't sure whether to get black or silver when ordering. Now I have it I think Silver does make the cabin a bit lighter.

Then again my old car had black and I soon got used to it.

I think both would look good, to be honest I cannot remember what colour it was in the car I test drove - mind you that had the black / silver seats.

Also it's not really silver, more beige / grey!

madalex said:
Get your Pics on Straight Away :jester:

Its so beautiful!!

No pics yet - need to sort out some web space.

I am in love! in fact, I'm off for a drive!

Don't bend it, that'll really spoil your day! ;)

I would cry if I bent it!

I've been trying to run the engine in, not going much over 3000rpm, I was doing well, and then I took a friend from work out in it for a ride. I might have revved it a little more than I should! (5500!!), but I've promised it I wont do it again!

Man it is SO fast! and it sounds so good! I love it!

Blue is definitely the best colour! especially when the sun's out!

JohnS3 said:
Three sets of pics and all three cars have the silver headlining (sorry Steve!) I choose black. Does it brighten up the interior or not make that much difference?

Regards, John.

It does brighten it up somewhat John, you should be able to see on Sat.