Engine Noise

tick_audi_a3

Reaction score
Hi People

I drive a 2004 A3 2.0 FSI

I noticed a Knocking noise in the engine so i took this to the bosch Garage to Have a look, They said that there was nothing wrong with my car, But my Dad Knows a guy who works for Audi and he said that the Engine should be virtually silent, Does anyone have one of the same cars or can anyone fill me in at all, I do plan to take this back as its sounding like a Diseal.
The guy at the garage i took it to said that the car should sound like this as its the new FSI Engine.:gun2:

Occasionally I get the same feeling about my S3 sounding like a diesel. I totally forget it in higher revs, then I think it sounds really nice. The "diesel" noice seems to be more apparent when either standing still or driving slow.

If it is just the standard 2.0 FSI (with no turbo) then yes it is virtually silent, though i can only speak from an A4 SE (03 model) point of view, my own A3 2.0t is far from silent :)

I suggest you have someone else take a look.

Hi I've just bought a 2006 fsi Quattro , have knocking noise on tick over ? Took it to Audi and they said its ok and can't find where it's coming from??? Surely it's not normal? I know about the fuel system.i could do with finding somebody local with same car to hear theirs