Whats your private plate , or what have u seen ??

Apparently, he is based near Wickham.
My mate says that the owner also had TUR80 on a Porsche Turbo & OO 7 on a Lamborghini.:weight_lift2:

Anyone ever made an offer on a plate?
My mate's found a website that has the plate he wants.
However, they want £2700...
They have a 'make an offer' tab though.

bowfer said:
Anyone ever made an offer on a plate?
My mate's found a website that has the plate he wants.
However, they want £2700...
They have a 'make an offer' tab though.

never made an offer, when i got mine i rang one of these reg places out of the autotrader, the fella was very helpful and made several suggestions, i liked one particular plate, he quoted me £1000 plus transfer fee.....i said i needed to think about it....looked on DVLA....and they hadnt bought it yet so i purchased it for £250 all in haha....... still gotta admire them if they are making a living out of duping unsuspectin people who don shop around

Hi guys
i got myn a few years ago, my surname is Brooke, i got D200KE and with a bit of mod it says BROOKE, bargain £499

I've had AYY4 for 20 odd years, it came with a car at no extra cost, so just served to hide the year. It will be moving to my A4 Cab soon, will be the first time it had any significance to a car. Probably have the "A" on the plate in the Audi logo style with the slight extension at the top of the letter.

Was thinking of either G10VRR (almost spells my surname) or G10VBX for mine. Not badly priced either.

Brookie-S3 said:
Hi guys
i got myn a few years ago, my surname is Brooke, i got D200KE and with a bit of mod it says BROOKE, bargain £499

How does that work then?

I have GO 04 MOT, on one of my work vehicles, which is quite appropriate as I run a large independant garage with a an MOT bay!!!

On my own car I have S8SOH, 8 is my wife's lucky number, and the SOH is out initials - Let hope I never buy an S8 as I dont like plates that relate to the car, but thats just my opinion.

my wife Leeanne has L33ANU (she was offered that with a L on the end instead of U but declined.....) on her car and i (Toby) have M7OBY on my car. My dad had V8 LUV on a V8 crovette, he got that for £500!! V8 LOV was thousands!

Clog said:
How does that work then?

Probs a bolt in the first letter to make it look like a B and a one on the next letter near the top left to make it look like a R...

1animal1 said:
looked on DVLA....and they hadnt bought it yet so i purchased it for £250 all in haha....... still gotta admire them if they are making a living out of duping unsuspecting people who don shop around

You are quite correct.
Many people think you have to go to a broker, when in reality the broker just knows the plate is available on DVLA!
So, DVLA first, then a broker.

A guy with deep pockets has just paid £375,000 for F1 to put on his Mecedes Mclaren SLR worth more than the car

motorbikez said:
A guy with deep pockets has just paid £375,000 for F1 to put on his Mecedes Mclaren SLR worth more than the car

More money than sense IMHO. What's the big deal I like cars not number plates!!

JamS3 said:
Probs a bolt in the first letter to make it look like a B and a one on the next letter near the top left to make it look like a R...
So that makes it illegal then?:puke2: ill eagle (get it!)

Yeah yawn yawn we've heard your negative comments on this one before bowfer so I,ll respond the way I did before I wouldn't be seen dead with something that nearly spelt my name but you like it so thats OK innit.

Hi new to the forum just got my A4 130 sport tdi first audi.

I think its ok to have your name or nickname with the odd letter wrong we cant all afford £50,000 on a reg. Im only 19 and i think i did well finding mine which has only 1 letter wrong!

DSC00518.jpg

DSC00517.jpg

Wifes name is Rosina June King & mine is Roy Joseph King so our two plates are K60RJK & K70RJK looks cool when they are side by side only problem is that the wife drives an Nissan Micra & I will shortly be driving an A3 Cabrio.:kissmyrings:

Hi new to the forum just got my A4 130 sport tdi first audi.

I think its ok to have your name or nickname with the odd letter wrong we cant all afford £50,000 on a reg. Im only 19 and i think i did well finding mine which has only 1 letter wrong!

I'm not sure than the police would agree with you. Your number plate is illegal and would certainly fail an MOT test for being incorrectly spaced.

Wifes name is Rosina June King & mine is Roy Joseph King so our two plates are K60RJK & K70RJK looks cool when they are side by side only problem is that the wife drives an Nissan Micra & I will shortly be driving an A3 Cabrio.:kissmyrings:

My wife an I have a similar matched pair of plates - H5DJR on my silver A3 and H5JHR on her silver polo.

thats why i got the back one less obvious :p i survived on german pressed plates on my last car so i should be ok

Best one I'ver ever seen was DEV 1L even with the space in its still cool!

I was really against personalised plates for a while but my mates family have about 10 of them and i thought they looked pretty cool after all so i got one. James Fry (some people call me jay) and i picked up the perfect plate for me really. J4 FRY.

Best I've ever seen was 1988-90 on a Ferrari 288 GTO, always stuck in my mind, as I was about 12(ish) at the time and simply adhored anything with a prancing horse!
BEG 41 T
'BEG 4 IT'

Classic plate on a classic car!

seen some sort of amg merc convertible today with the reg 38 DD. make what you want of that.

I have:

L60N PW which is my name and initials, I havnt put it this car because spaced correctly its L60 NPW which looks a bit p00 :)

ive seen M1 4MG X - on a ML55 ...lots of illegal spacing there lol

When the MK1 TT first came out there was one parked in the center of Lichfield with the reg 4UDI I take it that Audi UK own that reg?

Chris

Saw "80B" (cant remember what it was on) and "30" on an X5 today.

I personally don't have a private plate and don't intend to buy one... With my name and lots of middles names I struggle to find one that I like... It had to be not car related obviously.

Also spending more than £250 would be crazy.

Pedro

P9 OPA

Its ilegally spaced to.

`P9O PA`, with PA being my initials.

Ive not yet been stopped in 12 months so fingers crossed.
It was a cheap plate through DVLA so no great shakes if plod take a dislike to it at some point.

I have S8SOH, which is mine and my wifes initials and her lucky number - Only cost £250, and keeps my car ageless.

I also have GO 04 MOT, on my VW Shuttle - I run a large independant garage, and it works really well, in my view