New wheels (Old R32)

Maddox

Reaction score
Just on the verge of deciding what wheels to get for my A3, and after ruling out the ones from the ABT S3 on cost grounds i'm almost decided on a set of old-style R32 reps like these:

R32%20style.jpg

I was just wondering if anyone has any pics of these on an 8p A3?

can you get these in 5x112? i thought they are 5x100 et38 only, if that is the case they wont fit without adaptors.

found this place via ebay, got them in 5x112.

Am I right in thinking that ET50 is the correct offset for the A3? as the site has them in ET45 which i was thinking should be ok, 5mm extra shouldn't really be too noticable should it?

The old R32s wheels were made by OZ so why you just get them from OZ anyway? Then you could get what size you want and they'd be very good quality too.

oz don't seem to do the R32 wheel now, their Superturismo is quite similar but a bit less chunky looking than the one used on the golf.

I thought they WERE superturismos! OZ only make a few different wheels. Always have done.

The spokes on the superturismo are a little thinner and taper out towards the rim. OZ may have just updated the design since the old R32 came out though, as they're pretty similar!

I might opt for the OZ anyway just to be certain of the quality compared to reps

You're right actually:

www.ozracing.co.uk said:
After ten years of victories on the racing track and off the road, after selling a million pieces, the O·Z family masterpiece is rightfully celebrated by careful restyling according to the new fashion dictates of the racing world, a perfect synthesis of design and technology respecting its glorious position as founder of a family.

Now I look at them they have changed. Think they should have stuck with the old design. Or just made a new name.

They used the originals on the R32 and on the Clio V6 and they looked fabulous (hence you're looking for them!) and for me they've always been the all time classic design that looks great on pretty much anything.

Still better than most on the market though.

Personally after seeing them on a A3 i thought they looked two small, but looked good on my R32.