Quick question about flat bottom steering wheel ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 21388
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 21388

Does anyone know if my standard sized disklock (small size) will works OK with my new S3 which will have a flat bottom steering wheel - or does the flat part allow enough movement to allow the disklock to be manovered off ?

And does it really mark the steering wheel - as never noticed this before in 5 + years of using my disklock ?

Cheers

Richard

well I specced the flat bottom on my S3 and any myth about it geing unpratical is just that! Works and looks the part!! Get it mate if you can...

Pedro

I too have the flat bottomed wheel, I"ve also got a disklock, although I'm not sure what size it is. I can squeeze it down onto the smallest size clip before I lock it if that helps. There's no way you could lever the lock off with out causing considerable damage. It used to mark the wheel, well leave yellow paint flakes on it, but I've lined it with felt and it's OK now.

HTH

I have a small disclock and flat bottomed wheel and it fits fine, i am not aware of any marking and the flat bottom does not make it any easier to remove.

Mark

cheers for the replies - just tried it for myself - Sales guy turned up in a TT with flat bottom steering wheel so tried it in his before I let him try and sell to me

Richard