JMB RetrofitsSky Insurance
    I cant spell !

Status

Quick question about flat bottom steering wheel ?

Does anyone know if my standard sized disklock (small size) will works OK with my new S3 which will have a flat bottom steering wheel - or does the flat part allow enough movement to allow the disklock to be manovered off ?

And does it really mark the steering wheel - as never noticed this before in 5 + years of using my disklock ?

Cheers

Richard

2. # ADS
    ADS

windsurfer

Status
    well I specced the flat bottom on my S3 and any myth about it geing unpratical is just that! Works and looks the part!! Get it mate if you can...

Pedro
    FOR SALE: S3 Phantom Black, left hand drive, Xenons, FBMFSW, bucket seats, BOSE, rear parking sensors, armrest, interior light package, Symphony II+. Full Audi service history and 4 new Michelin Pilot Sport 2. 18500 miles PM for details! I want to give it away have a good family reason. For a quick sale around 19.5k PM only if interest is genuine! Thanks

6th Gear

Status
    I too have the flat bottomed wheel, I"ve also got a disklock, although I'm not sure what size it is. I can squeeze it down onto the smallest size clip before I lock it if that helps. There's no way you could lever the lock off with out causing considerable damage. It used to mark the wheel, well leave yellow paint flakes on it, but I've lined it with felt and it's OK now.

HTH

Third Gear

Status
    I have a small disclock and flat bottomed wheel and it fits fine, i am not aware of any marking and the flat bottom does not make it any easier to remove.

Mark
    07 S3 Sprint Blue Now Sold
    12 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic Now sold
    A3 20 TDI S-Line Sportback in Daytona Grey with Aluminium Roof Rails, Fine Nappa Leather, Sat Nav, Comfort pack,Audi Sound System, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Privacy Glass, Interior Light Pack, Non Smoke Pack.

I cant spell !

Status
    cheers for the replies - just tried it for myself - Sales guy turned up in a TT with flat bottom steering wheel so tried it in his before I let him try and sell to me

Richard