Reaction score
Website
www.stewarta13wsb.plus.com
What's a
styling package, black (quattro GmbH) £300.00
... just remembered - black grill??

and what's
CD (United Kingdom, Ireland) 0.00
(I had selected the dearer Symphony audio)

In the drop down menu, it doesn't say anything?

And if you have Symphony what's the plus in having the CD changer (am I right in thinking Symphony takes 6 CD's?)

Why don't the drop down arrows tell you anything:think:

stewarta13wsb said:
... And if you have Symphony what's the plus in having the CD changer (am I right in thinking Symphony takes 6 CD's?

Yep, 6 Cd's fit in the slot in the symphony, as for the drop downs on the configerator i don't think all the info is complete and has not been for some considerable time I seem to remember info being missing back in 05 when I specced my 20TQ and also had probs speccing my current car.I think it's a bit of a toy really, Had to resort to the brochure in the end.

Mark

The styling pack is indeed the black grill. I think the UK CD is for the lower cost satnav system.

The configurator is produced by a third party for Audi, it often has stupid little issues, I remember someone had to select a first aid kit before he could choose bucket seats!! You'd think they would test it before uploading it for prospective clients to use.

Regards, John.

JohnS3 said:
I remember someone had to select a first aid kit before he could choose bucket seats!! You'd think they would test it before uploading it for prospective clients to use.

Regards, John.

That's still not been fixed yet!

There is one recent change though, it says illuminated vanity mirrors are standard. I'm glad about that as I was going to get the interior light pack just for those. £140 quid saved.

staz1000 said:
There is one recent change though, it says illuminated vanity mirrors are standard. I'm glad about that as I was going to get the interior light pack just for those. £140 quid saved.

Don't bank on that though!

That might be wrong aswell...

According to the brochure I have ( downloaded from Audi quite recently )

It says Illuminated Vanity mirrors are standard on :
SE, S-Line and S3

And optional (separate to the light pack) for £55

Mind you, the interior light pack says it includes them as well.

so for £140 I get the footwell lighting and the door lights??

staz1000 said:
so for £140 I get the footwell lighting and the door lights??

Not quite, you get this lot -

Illuminated door openers, vanity mirrors, storage compartment, footwell lighting, reading lights in front and rear,ambient lighting and active door reflectors

Regards, John.

JohnS3 said:
Not quite, you get this lot -

Illuminated door openers, vanity mirrors, storage compartment, footwell lighting, reading lights in front and rear,ambient lighting and active door reflectors

Regards, John.

Illuminated door openers or active door reflectors, which are the lights on the door edges? And what are the other things?

What is ambient lighting?

Storage compartment? Where??

staz1000 said:
Illuminated door openers or active door reflectors, which are the lights on the door edges? And what are the other things?

What is ambient lighting?

Storage compartment? Where??

Here we go -

Illuminated door openers - lights in the opening edge and under the doors, handy to see those puddles in the dark.
Illuminated vanity mirrors - in the sun visors
Illuminated storage compartment - glovebox
footwell lighting - lights above your feet in the footwells
reading lights in front and rear - handy map reading lights in the centre console above your head.
ambient lighting - leds in the roof centre console to give warm light around the geat stick area. also illuminated internal door handles
active door reflectors - I'll pass on that one.

HTH

I'll think I'll add that back on the list then!

The active door reflectors- are they just the red reflectors I have in the edge of my door?

alanjonesbath said:
My A3 S-Line came with illuminated vanity mirrors as standard.

You may notice I have an S-line too so I know that. But thanks anyway. It's the S3 I'm talking about.