MTM - Flash or ECU Swap?

mjair

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I'm new here. Michael's my name - from Australia. I've got an S3 currently on the boat due to get into Sydney at the end of September.

I've seen a few guys around here have gone MTM. Can anyone tell me how the tune was done - did you have to get a new ECU put in or did they flash it? The dealer here in Oz sends off your ECU to Germany which sounds a bit extreme in the days of flash tuning.

Cheers,
Michael

P.S. Sorry if you've read this twice, I accidentally posted in the 8L section - I need to learn how to read :)

mjair said:
Hey Guys,

I'm new here. Michael's my name - from Australia. I've got an S3 currently on the boat due to get into Sydney at the end of September.

I've seen a few guys around here have gone MTM. Can anyone tell me how the tune was done - did you have to get a new ECU put in or did they flash it? The dealer here in Oz sends off your ECU to Germany which sounds a bit extreme in the days of flash tuning.

Cheers,
Michael

P.S. Sorry if you've read this twice, I accidentally posted in the 8L section - I need to learn how to read :)

Not sure about MTM but if you go with the Superchips Bluefin application you can perform the process yourself, check out their website, many on here have this type of remap installed.

Hey, Thanks. I've heard lots of good things about Bluefin and I know a few others do flashing as well - I used APR in my last car which was great.

At the moment, I'm tossing up whether to look at MTM as well as a few others (giac, bluefin, revo)... I'm not completely sure whether swapping the ECU out is a big deal e.g. warranty etc