S3 with 335 hp !

Software and full Turbo back exhaust.. 335bhp sounds about right.

Just got the downpipe to get onto mine then hopefully i should be around that power! :icon_thumright:

Jonny, is that your s3 in your avatar and sig?

get some bigger pics up if it is!

Yeah it is.. Not got the black CH's on anymore but getting it lowered and some new rims on next week all going well.

Ill get some pics up then

Jonny

jonnyc said:
Yeah it is.. Not got the black CH's on anymore but getting it lowered and some new rims on next week all going well.

Ill get some pics up then

Jonny

Are you the Jonny that used to have the white mkv ?

Chris.

have you no pics with the black CH's on it? would love to see them!

Yeah used to have a White MK5 Gti..

Have a few but there only arty type pics, only had the wheels on it for a couple of days!

Ill post some later.. Just got a new set of wheels fitted, getting it lowered soon tho so gonna get that done before i post pics.

Jonny

sounds good johnboy! I am really considering changing to a white GTI ED30 within the next year! how did you like the gti?

the good thing about the ED30 is that it has 30bhp more and is the same engine as the S3

Yeah loved the golf, but I did quite a few things to it, suspension engine mounts power etc etc etc so then it was basically as good as a standard S3, so now im doing things to this its pretty awesome!

I was between an edition30 and an S3, obviously apart from the money i was attracted to the engine.. But I wanted a change

For sure as soon as you were rolling an edition30 with exhaust intake and chip would be a fair bit quicker than an S3 with the same mods.. Thats why im going to tune the S3 properly!!

Jonny

For sure as soon as you were rolling an edition30 with exhaust intake and chip would be a fair bit quicker than an S3 with the same mods.. Thats why im going to tune the S3 properly!!

Jonny[/quote]

Why do you think that it will be much faster then the S3 with the same mods? It has the weight advantage of 98 kilos, but that shouldn´t make it that much quicker.
Do they share the gearbox or is the gear ratio different?

Last Sunday a friend of mine with a VW GTI ed.30 (with DSG) visited me. It also has a Milltek Turbo Back exhaust, Cold Air Intake, Forge DV and a Stage 2 software (but from another company), so we can say it has similar mods as my S3. Also a GTI is ~100 kg lighter than an S3.

We both were curious so we went on and tested the performance of our cars.
In a quarter mile drag race i win easily with around 5 car lenghts advantage over him and with a rolling start from 40 km/h to 200 km/h i have 2 car lengths advantage over him.

aiculedtzu said:
Last Sunday a friend of mine with a VW GTI ed.30 (with DSG) visited me. It also has a Milltek Turbo Back exhaust, Cold Air Intake, Forge DV and a Stage 2 software (but from another company), so we can say it has similar mods as my S3. Also a GTI is ~100 kg lighter than an S3.

We both were curious so we went on and tested the performance of our cars.
In a quarter mile drag race i win easily with around 5 car lenghts advantage over him and with a rolling start from 40 km/h to 200 km/h i have 2 car lengths advantage over him.

Thats because the 2.0TFSI engine in the S3 is better than the one in the GTI to start with isn't it?

As far as i know (but i'm not 100% sure) the S3, GTI ed. 30 and Leon Cupra have the same engines, but with minor changes.

However the BIG difference between the three cars is made by the 4x4 system, which only the S3 has.

aiculedtzu said:
As far as i know (but i'm not 100% sure) the S3, GTI ed. 30 and Leon Cupra have the same engines, but with minor changes.

However the BIG difference between the three cars is made by the 4x4 system, which only the S3 has.

Yep and the intercooler is bigger on the S3 compared to Leon Cupra and GTI30, thats why the S3 has more power stock then the other 2.