3 dooor front seats

steve184

Reaction score
Does anyone else find that when driving on your own that the passenger seat wobbles about a lot and makes a lot of minor noises? mines leather and i find that noises are more apparent on leather interiors as leather reflects sound instead of absorbing it like cloth does.

Also does the slide mechanism on the seats (for slding forward and back) only lock on the outer slide rail? My passengr seat seems to as when its locked you can still see a small amont of movement on the inside slider even when its locked but the outer rail is locked solid.

Not noticed this on mine mate, may be worth while getting it checked out.

I notice it moves but it makes no noise - but my seats in the clio moved also so I guess its common

I got the leathers but don't get any moving around or minor noises =/

mine does the exact same, same noise on the passanger side seat and the seat does not lock in place fully after you adjust it on some occasions. scared the sh1t out of me once when the seat started to slide forward under heavy breaking, it slid a bit before the locking mechanism clicked in.

Same thing along those lines happened to me too cathaloneill, i moved it back abit, started driving then out of nowhere, it goes back and locks into position, very scary because it's quite sudden!

Also does the slide mechanism on the seats (for slding forward and back) only lock on the outer slide rail? My passengr seat seems to as when its locked you can still see a small amont of movement on the inside slider even when its locked but the outer rail is locked solid.

This was the only thing that annoyed me about my previous A3. We used to change the drivers seat position depending if I or my wife was driving and after some time it would slide back a notch or two even though I had tried to make sure it was locked by rocking backwards and forwards.

I solved the problem with my current A3 Sportback by specifying electric control on the driver's seat. Not only does this stop it happening but also gives a greater range of adjustments. The front and back of the seat can be raised and lowered independently of each other.