My new S3 has just been Jac-in-a-boxed

thebears

Reaction score
Picked my S3 up on Saturday and had Dave aka Jac-in-a-box come over an do a full detail on it along with my mates TT. 2 days and 20+ hours for both the cars.

Covered in best of show (Swissvax). Looks stunning, silky smooth and will be a doddle to clean. The car was Ex-demo and had a few car wash marks on it, now it is perfect!

S34.jpg

S33.jpg

S32.jpg

S31.jpg

S3rearbadge.jpg

S3.jpg

EdApsS3.jpg

S37.jpg

S36.jpg

S35.jpg

Rs4 is sooo nice.. Love the Sportec rims!

My god, those are clean cars!! Might have to give this guy a call soon.

Randomjim said:
Great job. Good choice of colour too :icon_thumright: Who's RS4?

The RS4 belongs to APS in Brackley. I know the guys very well over there. Was talking to Ed about lowering, re-map and exhaust as well as a few other bits and bobs!

I'm thinking of orginising a GB day on Cruise control for the S3 or A3's if anyone is interested, in the past I have done them for the TT forum and Ed has made it an open day with free food.

Anyone interested?

Thats a perfect excuse to retrofit that cruise control I should have specced! Although it sounds like your well south of my location.

Regards, John

JohnS3 said:
Thats a perfect excuse to retrofit that cruise control I should have specced! Although it sounds like your well south of my location.

Regards, John

John, its south midlands, not far from Silverstone at Brackley. I'm getting prices as we speak, The TT's used to be £145 but i'm told its different for the newer cars and more expensive. Im aiming for around the £200 mark plus loads of other offers on the day (re-maps, servicing, lowering etc)

Last year we had 3 open days and did CC to over 20 cars.

Well worth the trip.

I'll get some prices and dates and post up a new thread soon. It will be late september i suspect.

thebears said:
I'll get some prices and dates and post up a new thread soon. It will be late september i suspect.

that suits me fine

thebears said:
I'm thinking of orginising a GB day on Cruise control for the S3 or A3's if anyone is interested, in the past I have done them for the TT forum and Ed has made it an open day with free food.

Anyone interested?

Oh - could be up for that. Keep us posted.

John

My mate is a ex Audi mechanic who fits cruise no problems and has his own business, hes done loads of work on my previous cars.

He would do a good rate....and in the Stockton area.

Jamie,

Could you ask him for a price please?
Many thanks.

Regards, John.

Hows about £140-150 (inc labour) with him providing all the bits and you just turning up?

JamS3 said:
Hows about £140-150 (inc labour) with him providing all the bits and you just turning up?

any chance that could be extended to me? :meeting:

oo great stuff, just let me know when you are thinking if John is up for it too

Anytime really but if you are both wanting it done probs would be best for the same day then he can get all the parts together, you and John get your heads together!

He works normal hours Mon to Fri and finishes early afternoon on Sat.

Probs a weeks notice so the parts can be ordered

I'd be tentatively interested in getting cruise fitted...

Where would it be done? (I'm based/travelling from London).

Yep, I'm up for that too. Hopefully Mr K can take us for a spin in his remapped car too!

Is your mate only fitting the kits during his normal hours or is he available out of hours? If so I can certainly do a Saturday. Let me know.

Regards, John.

Probs only during operating hours as he is very busy, but you never know if I ask nicely....

Yes that remapped car sounds a good idea too....maybe not cause i'll end up wanting mine done!

SamDude said:
I'd be tentatively interested in getting cruise fitted...

Where would it be done? (I'm based/travelling from London).

Stockton-on-Tees as mentioned above, probs a bit too far to travel for you as its about 240miles away in the North East!

JamS3 said:
Probs only during operating hours as he is very busy, but you never know if I ask nicely....

Yes that remapped car sounds a good idea too....maybe not cause i'll end up wanting mine done!

Thanks Jamie, Klauster might even have a new suspension set up by then. You'd better start saving!!

JohnS3 said:
Yep, I'm up for that too. Hopefully Mr K can take us for a spin in his remapped car too!

Is your mate only fitting the kits during his normal hours or is he available out of hours? If so I can certainly do a Saturday. Let me know.

Regards, John.

thats a given :happy:

Saturday or Sunday with a week or so notice and im fine, cash is already saved

marshalld said:
Oh - could be up for that. Keep us posted.

I'll be up for this if we can negotiate a sub £200, haven't seen Ed since he was at AMD but a great guy and APS have an excellent reputation.

Spin140 said:
I'll be up for this if we can negotiate a sub £200, haven't seen Ed since he was at AMD but a great guy and APS have an excellent reputation.

I'm trying hard to get sub £200. If people are doing it for £150 inc labour i would be questioning if they are genuine Audi parts and impact on Warranty.

APS are a fully authorised VAG service centre so no impact on warranty work.

As soon as i confirm a price i'll post up.

Dale

thebears said:
I'm trying hard to get sub £200. If people are doing it for £150 inc labour i would be questioning if they are genuine Audi parts and impact on Warranty.

APS are a fully authorised VAG service centre so no impact on warranty work.

As soon as i confirm a price i'll post up.

Dale

My mate is a Audi mechanic and gets his parts from the parts department at Audi, the labour is a favour to me and my friends as he is my mate. Thats the problem with companies they all wanna make a profit....

JamS3 said:
My mate is a Audi mechanic and gets his parts from the parts department at Audi, the labour is a favour to me and my friends as he is my mate. Thats the problem with companies they all wanna make a profit....

I see, does he want a trip South at that price I'm sure we could rustle up a few down here.

Why not a day out for everyone up here?

How far are you travelling?

Would it offset the £50 you would be saving to come up here?

At the rate the S3 is burning fuel, i would say no. 500 mile round trip. 27mpg, 0.99 ppl fuel gives £83. If it was a bit further south then maybe.