New Custom S3 Intake

jonnyc

Reaction score
Hey Everyone, I have just posted this in another post but thought i would start a new thread to keep it more on topic!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally I made up my intake for my S3, used a Neuspeed intake for a MK5 Golf GTI as a start point (cut it up lots) and then bought a load of bits and now it fits great, not sure if anyone else out there has done this, but anyways take a look..

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showth...210#post475210

(Link because im not sure how to post pictures into a new post?)

Noticed a good increase in power, mainly top end, really feel the car go again at around 5500rpm.

The car has GIAC software and ill be getting a full exhaust made up for it tomorrow, the car is quick, comfortably quicker than an M3 anyways..

Got an EVOMS engine cover going on v soon, just getting painted in body colour at the moment, and just had a full set of VF engineering mounts fitted (absolutely awesome) and a Forge Short Shift..

For me it was a case of playing around with the fit of the parts but its worked out really well i think now, looks like a kit that should be off the shelf really, and sure it will be soon, but I just couldnt wait!

Jonny

Looks like you did a very good job with it:icon_thumright: What are VF engineering mounts? Oh and you definately picked the best colour :)

What is the output of your car after the GIAC tuning? Had any rolling road time since your intake mod?

VF mounts are upgraded.. Engine.. Gearbox and lower pendulum mounts

Basically limits the movement of the engine and gearbox, gives a much more direct feel, but does transfer alot of engine and gearbox noise into the car, and vibration into the cabin, which i dont mind a single bit, but sure it would do some peoples heads in!!

Not had the car dyno's yet, probably get it done after all the mods are done..

Regal Autosport who mapped my car have dyno'd a couple of S3's and edition 30's around 310 - 315 with just a remap.. So id say mines around 315 - 320.

Altho I raced a gt28 1.8T Golf with 320bhp and had 3 people in the car and was ever so slightly quicker.. so i dont know, but im happy with it!

Jonny

Was your GIAC mod customised for your car, or did you get one of their generic maps from the USA? GIAC used my car to produce a couple of maps and still have my dyno plots on their site.

Just a generic map as my car was completely standard, once i have the exhaust done im going to get it adjusted to suit my car, should get a little more out of it too..