S3 S tronic?

nicks3

Reaction score
Anyone heard any rumours etc of an S3 with the DSG/ Stronic gearbox yet

No

Think the marketing dept at Audi said it would never be made as a manual gearbox suited the car better, this was in Audi Driver magazine. I'll try and dig it out.

JamS3 said:
No

Think the marketing dept at Audi said it would never be made as a manual gearbox suited the car better, this was in Audi Driver magazine. I'll try and dig it out.

yup, they said they didnt want the S3 to have it

klauster said:
yup, they said they didnt want the S3 to have it

To be more accurate,they actually said they didn't feel DSG would give the type of driver an S3 will attract the sort of control they will seek.
I agree with them.
The lack of control is annoying in a chuffing diesel,never mind a 'sports' car.
For example,imagine the gearbox over-riding you and changing up a gear halfway around a corner,just because the revs are getting 'naughty'.
It's annoying with 140bhp,it'd be dangerous with 300bhp.
However,they could fit it to the S3 with some tweaks.
Solve the pull-off delay and the auto-change up at high revs and there's no reason it couldn't work.
Evidently,they can't be ***** fixing these things,or they can't be fixed,full stop...

bowfer said:
To be more accurate,they actually said they didn't feel DSG would give the type of driver an S3 will attract the sort of control they will seek.
I agree with them.
The lack of control is annoying in a chuffing diesel,never mind a 'sports' car.
For example,imagine the gearbox over-riding you and changing up a gear halfway around a corner,just because the revs are getting 'naughty'.
It's annoying with 140bhp,it'd be dangerous with 300bhp.
However,they could fit it to the S3 with some tweaks.
Solve the pull-off delay and the auto-change up at high revs and there's no reason it couldn't work.
Evidently,they can't be ***** fixing these things,or they can't be fixed,full stop...

thats what i meant ^^ :)