URGENT ADVICE PLEASE - STEALERS TRYING TO RIP ME OFF

Ok, car is back, service cost £405 in the end. They had to change the brake fluid, thats the only thing they said they did over the standard service. God knows how it became £405 over the £320 we agreed. Am on night shifts at the moment and was too tired to bother to complain. Just have to accept it. One of those things.

Cooky

85 quid inc VAT for labour and fluid to do a brake change at a main dealer doesnt seem bad to me.

It does when they charge around a hours labour and it only takes 15mins max!

Iv'e seen it done and exactly how long it takes with the machine they use, just plug the machine on and nothing left to do!

One reason service costs vary between dealer is they don't all use the official book time.

Find out the official book time for the job and then insist they stick to it.

I got quotes for my service and some garages were between 50% and 75% more than others - reason being they were charging more time for the same job. Soon changed the quote when I informed them the book time for the job as specified by Audi UK was x hours and not y hours as they quoted. Many people on here know the book times (see the sticky service thread). Alternatively Audi Customer services will tell you.

Go into it with your eyes open and find out the facts before you commit.