Anyone bought one of these?

Hmmm looks good - especially if you can control the iPod through the head unit and MFSW....

How easy is it to get to the CD changer input on the back of a Symphony II+????

I might have to order one if it means I can get it fitted without having to rip half the dash apart.

it comes with a free set of removal keys, so assuming they work o.k. then it should be a 10 minute job!
Well hopefully:icon_thumright:

Thats like something i have.except iv made my connector in the ash tray and when im not using my ipod the ash tray flips down to hide the connector.

OutLore said:
Hmmm looks good - especially if you can control the iPod through the head unit and MFSW....

How easy is it to get to the CD changer input on the back of a Symphony II+????

I might have to order one if it means I can get it fitted without having to rip half the dash apart.

The sym 2+ uses the quadlock connector which has 4 internal plugs, if you have no external CD changer or a non bose system installed then the CD changer plug probably isn't fitted. See the top right plug in the diagram below.

s3pinout.jpg

You might have to ask the seller what the plug looks like on the end of the unit. It may come with the correct plug and simply insert this into the quadlock. But I fear you may have to make up a connecting loom.

Regards, John.

JohnS3 said:
The sym 2+ uses the quadlock connector which has 4 internal plugs, if you have no external CD changer or a non bose system installed then the CD changer plug probably isn't fitted. See the top right plug in the diagram below.

You might have to ask the seller what the plug looks like on the end of the unit. It may come with the correct plug and simply insert this into the quadlock. But I fear you may have to make up a connecting loom.

Regards, John.

Thanks... I have Bose, but no external CD changer.... Does that mean I have the connector or not?

:icon_thumright:

You have the connector if you have Bose, but I doubt the pins are wired. Can you pull out your head unit and post a pic of the back of the quadlock plug?

Asked this question....
s.gif

[FONT=Arial, Verdana]I have a 2005 Audi A3 with a Audi concert Head unit. It doesn't have bose, cd changer or multi function steering wheel. Will this unit be compatable?

Reply....
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Verdana]Hi,
thanks for your enquiry, yes the unit will be compatible with your system.
kind Regards

So ive ordered one, ill post up the results when its fitted.
[/FONT]