Redex For Diesels...?

emzino

Reaction score
I remember having my Polo and it kept dieing in power. Was told to put redex into half a tank of petrol and run it on the motorway for abit to clean it out and it worked!

Apparently it's good to do it now and again just to flush out the crap.

Is there something like this for Diesels and is it as affective?

Thank you

You can get Redex for diesels, though I prefers Millers Diesel Power Plus. Anyway, I'm pretty sure the manual says you shouldn't put any additives in with the diesel with these modern high-tech engines. I only use it in my Land Rover, and it definately makes a difference in that, but would never use it in my A3.

I have used redex deisel extreme twice in my 140pd and it seems to be doing the job!

i didnt know millers did one so i might look into it :D

Until recently my dad had huge problems with fuel economy on his 1.9pd 130 so he used redex and it solved the problem instantly!

Hmm. Is this Millers one better than Redex?

Never heard of it myself. You can always ask your helpful, knowledgeable and friendly Halfords teenager.

millers oil is very good for turbo petrols so I say their other products are good enough!

I thought Mutul was the best for Oil. Just for the record I'm not trying to turn this into a "mine/this is better then yours/that" bu i'm always willing to pay the little extra to get the best for my car.
After all, i've worked my **** off for it. So I appreciate every input when I ask my questions, AS forums have really helped me expand my knowledge.

Erm enough of the touchy feely stuff lol. But yea, thought Mutul was the best for oil... anyway, think Millers sounds like the premium stuff.

Now, http://www.millersoils.net/M3_cgi/millers2.cgi?product_id=18&exact_match=on&type=automotive&cart_id= Diesel Power Plus

OR

http://www.millersoils.net/M3_cgi/millers2.cgi?product_id=176&exact_match=on&type=automotive&cart_id= Diesel Power Sport 4