Nearly here!

lucianobacheta

Reaction score
Hi guys, regular visitor to the site, so thought i would become a member and share my excitment.

Got my first car on the way, just want to know what its like as we ordered it before i passed my test.

A3 2.0 tdi 170 quattro s line, phantom black

Sat nav, tv, bose, xenons, hill hold, privacy glass, folding mirrors, and more, just cant remember?

Is there anything that i should do when its new, like specific running in methods, 1000 miles plus to run in sounds a bit steep?

Also i race single seaters (formula palmer audi) so thought that might raise some interest, dont think many people on the forum are aware of it.

A new A3 as a first car? It alright for some, I had to make do with a 7 year old Vauxhall Astra! :)

As for running it in, I played it safe and kept the revs well below 4000 for the first 800 miles, then gradually increased revs and throttle opening for the next 200. I've a mate that works for VW and he told me that every car he's seen where they've not done this drinks oil like nothing else. Did the same with my Golf TDI and it seemed to help with that too.

Welcome to the site anyway, and I bet you'll love the car!

Hi there - I ordered my A3 170 nearly four weeks ago now - I have only (!) 7 weeks to go so can appreciate the excitement.

I feel like time is literally slowing down as the days pass by !

Have fun.

Always let it warm up before driving hard, but no need to run in. Just dont spend long periods at one speed.

Nice car - that has to be 30k - I assume you get a discount.....

Yeah its really frustrating, even more so because i havent driven the car. At the moment im using an 03 mercedes c220cdi, and its the most indirect car ive ever driven, its a case of turning into a corner and praying that its going to work.

Thanks for the running in tip mitch, after reading that i think i might play it safe too, i do loads of mileage anyway so it should be over and done with in a couple of weeks.

The car should be here early september.

Yeah audi vip gave a discount because of my racing etc, i have no idea how much they gave off though, will try and find out.

Plug? Sorry mate dont think so. Very useful post that? Care to elaborate a bit further?

Respect.. :respekt:

Going well in FPA then mate.. :applaus:

-Sal-

Thanks, its going ok, had a few ups and downs but im just taking it all in my stride, its my 1st year of single seaters so learning a lot. Thanks for all the info.