Photoshopped Optics grill onto my Phantom Black S3!

Rabbit222

Reaction score
Website
www.vwclub.co.za
A mate of mine did this chop for me...reckon it looks super hot! Grill arrives Thursday...can't wait!

BEFORE

DSC00378-1.jpg

AFTER

That looks good. Let me know how easy it is - I may do my S-Line. If yu dont mind me asking - how much and where did you get the Optic Grill?

Looks good but takes away the aggressive front a bit too much for me which really makes the car stand out over others.

Black not the best colour for it really, looks better on white or lighter colours.

JamS3 said:
Looks good but takes away the aggressive front a bit too much for me which really makes the car stand out over others.

Black not the best colour for it really, looks better on white or lighter colours.

I agree. A silver a3 went past me the other day and it looked fantastic due to the grill being shinier than my yearly report. Best on light cars for sure.

looks awesum for sure , i really like it

I like it - looks very stealthy !! Anyone know where to get a matching black Audi 4 ring from ?

Or a black Audi ring with a black number plate plinth on the standard grill might look good ??

cheers
Richard

Saw this:

gti1.jpg

And thought of this:

moolooblackringsred.jpg

Not perfect as I was only using MS Paint

Now I actually like that!

Opposite of your original post though cause it would only look good on black!!

Apologies but due to minimal time and lack of a camera at the time...I could not take any DIY pics:sorry: It was quite straight forward though with the bumper having to be removed...I'm quite pleased with the end result.

do they make an optics grill for the pre-facelift 8P a3's??

looks well!

Rabbit222 said:
Apologies but due to minimal time and lack of a camera at the time...I could not take any DIY pics:sorry: It was quite straight forward though with the bumper having to be removed...I'm quite pleased with the end result.

[URL="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/Rabbit222/IMG_0001-4.jpg"][/URL]
[URL="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/Rabbit222/IMG_0002-2.jpg"][/URL]

thats looks excellent but i really cant decide if its better then before, looked good before, still looks good, just different :icon_thumright:

Black optic grill plus the original chrome surround would look good as well

Well smart!

Just need to change the indicator bulbs to remove the fried egg effect now (would reecommend Philips Silver Vision)!