Swapping grill

edowen

Reaction score
Seen a "black optic" grill for sale - how easy is this to swap in with the statndard chrome edged version, or does the front of the car have to come apart?

From what I've seen, the entire bumper will have to be removed. My optics grill arrives Thursday, i'll try and post up pics of the fitment process.

Tops, thanks. I'm assuming that isnt really a job for the fient hearted!

It's not that bad. I took the bumper off my 8L S3, front end up in the air, wheels off, drop the wheel arch liners, undo the screws holding the bumper on, disconnect the headlamp washer hose and pull the bumper clear. I imagine the 8P is quite similar.

Hope this helps.

No offence but a quick search would have answered this.

JohnS3 is quite right but you can get away with leaving the wheels on. Arch liners out, fog lights and/or headlight washers disconnected and then undo all the screws holding the bumper on. If you tell a mechanic all this then you'll pay no more than half an hour's labour.

The grille does actually come 99.9% of the way off without removing the bumper but there are two small screws about level with the number plate plinth which are only accessible from the back of the bumper. They do it on purpose :)