Unable to pair S60 device to '07 RNS-E and view contacts

rcourtney

Reaction score
I picked my new S3 up from Audi in Feb, i opted to have DVD Sat Nav with built in GSM Phone. When I picked the car up the dealer paired my Sony Ericcsson phone to the car. I was able to view all my contacts etc using the multi function steering wheel. I recently changed my phone to a Nokia N95. I can pair to my S3 and make calls, however I can't view my contacts.

I have spoken to others who have this problem. They have tried the Nokia phonebook sync app with no success

I am very keen to hear from anyone that has managed to pair their S60 device to their '07 model yr RNS-E, and access their contacts. There are a lot of upset Nokia/Audi owners on navplus.us

Any help is appreciated !!

Thanks

You may need to "mark" all contacts and send them via bluetooth.

Some phones are fussy, some phones export the contacts straight away.

Try one contact at a time.

Select the contact then go to options, select send via bluetooth and let it do its search. Should find AUDIUHV and a 4 digit number.

You may need to unpair with the car as it wont look for a device that is already paired.

Think it is the symbian system and it won't work very well at all!

I always stick with Sony Ericsson phones and they work ok.

AFAIK phone book is not available on N95. The N75 apparently has a 'Nokia Car Phone' mode which when switched on can get you the phone book. But I struggled to find this option on an N95.

I have foundout that the N-Series phone needs Push Software installed on it - you need to download the Nokia 810 Contact Download Application from http://europe.nokia.com/A4143881 The software that you get with the N95 will install this on your N95 if you have it connected to your computer. Just follow the link and away you go - I did this last night. (ensure you pick the .SISX for the N95).

I'm going to try and sync my contacts tonight ... this is so much more complicated than using my old Sony Ericcson. If this doesnt work i'm going to go back to Sony Ericcson

This was found on -http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/discussions/board/message?board.id=connectivity&message.id=9132

Iv'e binned my Samsung U600 for this reason as the bluettoth connection keeps dropping every minute or so and won't stay connected!

Keep getting the ding dong connection and disconnection noise all the time which is not good for the ears!

JamS3 said:
Iv'e binned my Samsung U600 for this reason as the bluettoth connection keeps dropping every minute or so and won't stay connected!

Keep getting the ding dong connection and disconnection noise all the time which is not good for the ears!

At last somebody else that has experienced this problem, my Nokia 6300 continually bings and bongs and is driving me nuts, seems a shame to switch phones as this one is fairly new, I have no issue seeing contacts etc just continual disconnecting Grrrrrrr:(

Spin140 said:
just continual disconnecting Grrrrrrr:(

Presumably with the RNS jobbie? I've just got a 6300 and it's fine with my Parrot.

rich1068 said:
Presumably with the RNS jobbie? I've just got a 6300 and it's fine with my Parrot.
Yes just with the Audi system, I've got Parrot in the wifes car and it works perfectly so the issue is with Audi kit and not the phone.

Well with the Samsung U600 it does not show any contacts or dialled/received or missed calls either!