Creaking Drivers Seat

RobinA3

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
My drivers seat creaks when i am going around a right hand corner, ie, all roundabouts, its the bolster which is creaking because when i push on down on it the creak can be heard.

Anyone else have this problem? Its not related to the usual arm rest creak before anyone says.............

The car is still under warranty but i can't see them doing anything about it as its underneath the leather.

mine creaks on the right hand side if I am going quite fast on a bumpy road - doesnt bother me that much

the rattling from my glove box drives me banana's though!

I fixed a squeak in the Lady's Polo by spraying silicone spray into the hinge area and up into the seat back. I found the tip on uk-mkivs so might work on an A3 as well.

Where can you get the Silicone Spray and can you pretty much spray it anywhere? i.e. The air vent to the right of the steering wheel (in the corner) rattles when it's cold just as i'm changing gears but I dunno exactly where so I can sort of spray inside and hope it fixes it or would it damage it?

My drivers seat has creaked since they changed the leather cover due to cracking(at 4k miles). Its been back to the dealer 4 or 5 times now, they tried the silicon spray and also packing the plastic back with some foam. Its just started doing it again this week so will be going back in. They did mention last time it was in that if it didnt fix it there was nothing more they could do and would see about replacing the seat. The car only has 11k on it now so its shouldnt even be creaking in the first place.

mines NOT the seat belt clip.

its the side bolster, 100% sure of it

so ****** annoying!