Sky InsuranceEM Tuning
    Sepang Blue S3

Status

Group Buy Bluefin. S3 8P, See Below

Aug 13, 2007

07' Audi S3 2.0T 261PS

Dear David

Thank you for your interest in Superchips.

We can offer club discount of 10% (plus overseas carriage where applicable) for direct orders from Superchips Buckingham Tel: +44 (0) 1280 816781.

Bluefin allows you to reprogram the car's ECU (Electronic Control Unit), resulting in:

Increased torque, or pulling power, which reduces the need for gear changing.
    Increased power, smoother performance and better response (for example when overtaking)
    The potential for greater fuel economy, when driven carefully.

The bluefin process is fully reversible and no mechanical or technical knowledge is required. Simply plug bluefin into the vehicle diagnostics socket inside the car, follow the clear on-screen prompts, and in a few minutes your vehicle will be modified.

The Bluefin device can also be used as a diagnostic tool to find/erase faults on your vehicle

When programmed with a Superchip/Bluefin , the Audi S3 2.0T 261 PS would gain up to 42 bhp and an increase of up to 30% in torque (detailed power and torque curves are included, if available).

The Bluefin normal retail cost 599 inclusive UK Carriage (*UK Online Price ,regional price variations apply and price subject to change).

For more information agents, online ordering please visit www.mybluefin.co.uk or from Superchips on + 44 (0) 1280 816781.

Yours truly

--
    Constantin Tsitsis
    Technical Sales
    Superchips Ltd
    2-18 Homestall
    Buckingham Industrial Park
    Buckingham
    Bucks
    MK18 1XJ
    Tel: +44 (0)1280 816781 Extn: 236
    http://www.superchips.co.uk
    http://www.mybluefin.co.uk

--------------------------------------------------------

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error then please let the sender know immediately. Please make sure that your system checks this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses - although we take all reasonable steps to ensure communications are virus-free, we can accept no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

Superchips Ltd Registered Office: 2-18 Homestall, Buckingham Industrial Park, Buckingham, MK18 1XJ
    Registered in England No: 1303145
    VAT Reg. No: 196 1165 50

Post your interest
    2012 Porsche Cayman R Peridot Green MY12
    2011 Porsche Cayman S Basalt Black MY08

2010 S3 Sepang Blue MY10
    2009 S3 Imola Yellow MY09
    2007 S3 Solar Orange MY08
    2005 A3 2.0T FSI Quattro S-Line 200Bhp MY06 : Misano Red
    2003 A3 2.0Tdi Sport 140Bhp MY04 : Brilliant Black

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    Worth noting that the Bluefin can't be used as a diagnostic tool on our vehicles.

A3 2.0T FSI Quattro S-Line

Gone...and quite quickly forgotten

6th Gear

Status
    You get a 10% discount by mentioning AS.net anyway - is this a further 10% off? (don't think so...)
    A4 2.0TDI S Line (2008)
    MMI/Sat Nav, Parking System Advanced, Advanced Key

Sepang Blue S3

Status
    Probably Not mate.

Good Though from 599.

2010 S3 Sepang Blue MY10

Sepang Blue S3

Status
    The reply....

Hello David

The flash counter would operate as normal and it is undedetecable at time of servicing

Regards

Constantin
    -----Original Message-----
    Sent: 13 August 2007 14:39
    To: Constantin Tsitsis
    Subject: RE: [SPAM - Bayesian] - Superchips - Bayesian Filter detected spam

Just a question,

When remapped does the ECU flash reset the flash counter + visa versa?

How detectable is the flashed ECU?

2010 S3 Sepang Blue MY10

Neutral

Status
    The one thing that puts me off the Bluefin is the fact the Flash counter increments everytime you either load the new map or switch back to the old map. From what I can see only GIAC and possibily Revo SPS reset the counter to zero everytime you flash. I would of thought a dealer would instantly say something if they were diagnosing a problem and your ECU counter was at (for example) 5? Kind of defeats the object of being able to return the map back to standard for warranty work etc.
    2009 Audi TT-S - Ice Silver - S-Tronic

6th Gear

Status
    I was at Superchips HQ on Friday having my previous bluefin transferred to the wifes car (2.0tdi), spoke to Jamie Turvey their technical director about this counter reset and SC are working on this at the moment and expect to have it reconciled in the next 12 months, in his opinion this is the only technology that GIAC have over them at present, but SC do have their warranty to compensate for this factor. An interesting thing was whilst I was there they had the GIAC Golf Race car on the rollers doing some diagnostics, follwed by VW Racings Bora, I took some pics so will post them up when I get chance.

I wouldn't let the flash counter put me off a remap, I've had 5 done now and no dealer has said anything to date when tha car has been in for servicing, the S3 remap is in Jamie's own words "Awesome" I was very tempted but am determined to wait for 12 months ownership to ensure I keep the car longer than my average.

10% is easily achieved for both Mkivs and Audi Sport but you are unlikely to get anymore off, a benefit of travelling to Bucks (MK18) is you will get Free before and after dyno sessions plus a fantastic drive home
    Wife - 12 BMW 320D 181 bhp, 8 Speed Auto, Melbourne Red, Heated Leather, privacy.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy. (Sold)
    Golf GTi MK6 - Revo stage 2, ITG, Milltek Race TBE, AP Racing 4 pot BBK - Sold.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy,Nav, Park sensors, 6 disc, Revo Stage 1, ITG Enclosed Intake - Sold
    BMW M135i F20 - Bloody good straight from the box !

"Fast Cars are Safer...."

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Spin140
    I was at Superchips HQ on Friday having my previous bluefin transferred to the wifes car (2.0tdi), spoke to Jamie Turvey their technical director about this counter reset and SC are working on this at the moment and expect to have it reconciled in the next 12 months, in his opinion this is the only technology that GIAC have over them at present, but SC do have their warranty to compensate for this factor. An interesting thing was whilst I was there they had the GIAC Golf Race car on the rollers doing some diagnostics, follwed by VW Racings Bora, I took some pics so will post them up when I get chance.

I wouldn't let the flash counter put me off a remap, I've had 5 done now and no dealer has said anything to date when tha car has been in for servicing, the S3 remap is in Jamie's own words "Awesome" I was very tempted but am determined to wait for 12 months ownership to ensure I keep the car longer than my average.

10% is easily achieved for both Mkivs and Audi Sport but you are unlikely to get anymore off, a benefit of travelling to Bucks (MK18) is you will get Free before and after dyno sessions plus a fantastic drive home
    absobloodyexactly!!!

6th Gear

Status
    I was speaking to Superchips last week regarding the Flash Counter and I was told by the chap I spoke to that they were working on a solution to the Flash Counter "problem" at the moment. I was told it will be available in about 3 weeks. They have had a number of owners and potential owners of Bluefin devices registering their concerns about the Flash Counter.

FYI also. VAG-COM can only be used to read the flash counters and most notibly Flash Date. On my S3, brand new as you know, these counters are all zero and Flash Date is n/a.

Here is the screen in VAG-COM

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/tour/advancedid.html

Superchips themselves said they have seen cars with quite high flash counts, even when brand new.

AL
    '07 Phantom Black S3 - '07 to now - Bucket Seats, FBMFSW, BOSE, Symphony II+, Cruise Control, Elec Folding Mirrors, Front Centre Armrest, Rear Armrest & Through Load, Interior Light Pack, Luggage Pack, Reversible Boot Mat, Luggage net.
    '02 Silver S3 (225bhp) - '02 to '07
    '99 A3 1.8T - '99 to '02

'11 Rising Blue Golf R - '12 to now - 19" Black Talladega's
    '52 Black Golf GTi MkIV Anniversary - '03 to '12

1st Gear

Status
    I was speaking to Superchips last week regarding the Flash Counter and I was told by the chap I spoke to that they were working on a solution to the Flash Counter "problem" at the moment. I was told it will be available in about 3 weeks.

Al
    Did the guy mention whether this sollution would be available for customers, who have already bought a Bluefin?

6th Gear

Status
    He didn't mention that no.

But...according to a lot people, the Superchips service includes updates. So if the Superchips service is as good as people say it is, then hopefully you should get it.

He also said, keep an eye out on the forums, presumably UK-MKIVs, as an announcement will be made when its ready.

AL
    '07 Phantom Black S3 - '07 to now - Bucket Seats, FBMFSW, BOSE, Symphony II+, Cruise Control, Elec Folding Mirrors, Front Centre Armrest, Rear Armrest & Through Load, Interior Light Pack, Luggage Pack, Reversible Boot Mat, Luggage net.
    '02 Silver S3 (225bhp) - '02 to '07
    '99 A3 1.8T - '99 to '02

'11 Rising Blue Golf R - '12 to now - 19" Black Talladega's
    '52 Black Golf GTi MkIV Anniversary - '03 to '12

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AL_B

But...according to a lot people, the Superchips service includes updates.

I wouldn't say they're straight on the phone if something is new but if you ask then you do get. Since having my Bluefin I've had an update to the actual performance software to take into account the dealer reflash and an update for the PC software. Ask and you shall receive

A3 2.0T FSI Quattro S-Line

Gone...and quite quickly forgotten

is a retronaut

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by rich1068
    Since having my Bluefin I've had an update to the actual performance software
    What bhp do they give you now then?
    8P2 S3

For advice on Air Con problems please read my FAQs.
    To find ASN members with VCDS check out the MAP.

1st Gear

Status
    i've had mine checked and i have latest software. I dont have bluefin, just the map - I didnt see the point in changing it loads.
    Nothing to see here: Woofdoggy , move along please........

Neutral

Status
    For the BF discount do I just quote Audi-Sport??? First I've heard of this.

Audi A3 2.0TDI Sportback
    Mods: Bluetooth
    Plans: Superchip | 18" Lambo Remps Reps | Carbon Mirrors

jamo s3

Status
    custom code did mine and it,s 316 bhp 305ftlbs, for £525 inc vat with a dyno print out as well. and they only deal with vag, cars could worth a call see if there is a group buy discount to be had