S3 "Side" Badges

Would the S3 look good with side badges?

• Yes, just what it needs - in front of the rear wheelarches, like on S-Line models.

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Yes, just what it needs - above/below the side indicators, like the BMW M3.

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • No, they would look crap and spoil the looks wherever you put them.

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spook

Reaction score
A mate of mine looked at my Ice Silver S3 the other day. He said it looked good, but he thought it a little bit bland from the sides, and that it needed "something" to distinguish it. Having thought about it for a few minutes, he suggested that an S3 or "Audi Sport" Rhombus badge on the rubbing strip just forward of the rear wheelarch (in the same place as the S-Line badge on S-Line models) would make all the difference whilst still looking OEM.

What do fellow S3 owners think? Any of you handy with Photochop who could knock something together to see what it would look like on a silver car (or any other colour for that matter)?

I have thought about this loads from just about when I got mine. I was thinking the "S" emblem off the engine cover stuck underneath the side indicators or next to them a la M3 style.

They should be cheap enough and would look fairly standard...

I love the little V8 motif on the wing of the big S audi's. Shame the S3 isn't a V-anything! a little S3 badge would look nice though.

s51.jpg

maybe just a quattro badge??

i think an S3 badge wouldnt look right on the side

I think that V8 badge looks great too. Reminds me of the V12 badges on the D pillar on the old beemer 7 series.

Don't think a quattro would work IMHO. small S3 near the side repeater sounds good though.

Spook said:
What do fellow S3 owners think? Any of you handy with Photochop who could knock something together to see what it would look like on a silver car (or any other colour for that matter)?

Here's a quick and dirty 5 min photoshop chop job. Thanks to Sundoo for providing the donor car! It's a bit low res, but it gives you some idea.

DSC02886.jpg

Regards, John.

Surprised to hear that others were thinking along the same lines as myself. I don't think the indicator position looks right - it doesn't have enough of an "OEM look" for me. However, I'm beginning to think that the rear quarter would work. Could I have started something here?

Now, where to get a suitable pair of badges...? Group buy, anyone?!!!

I agree rear one looks best. How about at the very front of the same strip though? ie on the drivers door. It's a spot most likely to be looked at by a car next to you at the lights.

Not sure if there is a badge suitable though ie size and ease of attachment, the one from the front grill would be the right size but its not smooth on the back to stick on.

well on the strip is where the s line badges goes

I like the idea of side badges well worth investigating a group buy once we have identified which badge to go for.

Not so sure, at a glance folk will think its an S-Line as the badges will only be small like the S-Line badges. Certainly do not like the side repeator badge looks awful, although may look good with big furry seat covers and maybe a power bulge on the bonnet.Come on Fellahs stop tryin to fix what aint broke.

Mark