Advice On Cleaning Interior - What Do I Use?

emzino

Reaction score
Hey. My mums has this habbit of using wet wipes for absolutely everthing in the car. The plastcs, the handle and wood trim etc etc but a) it doesn't work and b) it leaves marks everywhere.

Thing is, I don't know what to use neither as these plastics are somewhat different.

DSC00011.jpg

1) Rough-ish plastic
2) These are very smooth. Leather I believe
3) Again smooth but plastic
4) What would I use to clean the plastic in front of the dials

DSC00010.jpg

1) Rough-ish plastic
2) Wood trim (plastic)
3) Same as 1
4) Smooth plastic
5) Matt chrome handles - wet wipes always leave a mark

So I just want to basically know, what do I buy to keep them shiny, smelling nice and keeping it clean without damaging it in anyway.

Thanks in advance.

I use microfibre cloths to remove the dust. Autoglym leather cleaner, care cream and fast glass.

Ah ok cool. What should I use on the plastics (rough and smooth)?

Autoglym vinyl and rubber care is good. Spray it onto a cloth first then wipe if you don't want a shiny finish. Its good for matt and shiney surfaces. If the surfaces are really dirty then I find upholstery cleaner is good.

For the clear plastic just use glass cleaner. If the surface is scratched then get some Meguiars Plast-x.

1Z Einszett Cockpit Premium Interior Plastic Cleaner

Just the best for a matt finish on VAG interior, fine for everything.

There's one product which will clean all of the interior surfaces mentioned which is AutoGlym Fast Glass - Use with a microfibre cloth, leaves no smears and leaves no sheen on the dash. Thats what I use and it keeps the car looking like the day you bought it!

I use a light brush on the end of the hoover to remove dust and particles from the dash

then i use a damp microfibre to run over the dash, steering wheel and centre console etc...

if the seats are stained i just use normal car cleaner with the brush on the end that you get from halfords

i also use autoglym autofresh airfreshner or meguires air freshners in the car once i am finished