Black audi s3 Window tints or not ?????

madalex

S3-less untill December
Reaction score
Black Window Tints done from factory or not ?

i would say no - i have done the tinted thing before and looking back on it i regret it

also i think it would look tacky on an A3 anyway

plus, any aftermarket or tint greater than 17% forward of the b-pillar is now illegal

im not sure what % the factory audi window tints are but im sure they arnt an illegal %

Saw an RS4 with tints the other day, looked rubbish because the front windows were much lighter than the back.

If you can subtly tint all windows by the same amount that would look nice, but if you go too dark you will look like a drug dealer.

siu00adg said:
Saw an RS4 with tints the other day, looked rubbish because the front windows were much lighter than the back.

If you can subtly tint all windows by the same amount that would look nice, but if you go too dark you will look like a drug dealer.

are factory ones to dark ??

tints from factory come out at 17% tint which is the legal limit - after that from the b-pillar forward it is illegal and you can recieve fixed penalty notices and even points!

Shao_khan said:
I have had the rears of mine tinted - the factory work looks much better if you fancy it done, so if you want it order it as factory.

can u post some pics of it please ?

In agree it looks **** as the rears are lighter than the front. And on black it looks worse. Best get it aftermarket. That's what I plan to do. But not too dark cos, as boydie says, it's a bit tacky.

I'll take some pics in a bit.

The factory tints (local dealer has a S3 withFactory tints) - the glass appears to be tinted and it looks V good. With my aftermarket tints, I have found that the factory glass has a fadeout towards the edge which is small raise black dots getting thinker towards the full black outside of the window. When you have the glass tinted it is a real sod to get the film to adequately cover all these black dots without giving air bubbles and what looks like almost a grey line around the window. I am waiting for a appointment to get a fix on mine, but as Isaid in my last post i'd seriously consider factory if you want tints.

I had a Dolphin Grey 8L S3 with "privacy glass" (tints) from the factory and got pulled by VOSA, they were highly illegal only letting 32% light thorugh the front side windows. When you were in the house you could still see through the passenger window into the car and out the drivers side too!

They slapped a prohibition on the car that came into force within 10 days, if I didn't take them off by then!

I wouldn't go for any cause you will be well pi**ed off if you pays your money and its wasted having to remove them.

Apparently the factory glass with no tint is just about legal as its slightly tinted glass anyway.

I'm sure my rears are slightly darker than the fronts anyway and i didn't order privacy glass.

From the links, midnight is a good choice and on white cars looks superb!