buying an a3, which one is the best ???.

Audi_nut

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Need some help here Guys & Girls,
Just after joinning:hi:

I will be buying an A3 (2004) 1.6. My question is, is it worth going for the FSI over the standard 1.6???? (bearing in mind that i will be coming from 1litre POLO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. FIRST CAR). is there a big diifference over the standard one ????????????. And also does anybody know if there is an agent for oettinger in IRELAND or the UK for that matter for the bodykit (shown in my avator pic)??????????

THANX in advance

Road and Sport Developments (RSD) are main and sole agents in the UK I believe for Oettinger.

I would go for the FSI as its meant to be more efficient and its newer technology than the normal 1.6.

I reckon your polo would give a 1.6 A3 a run for its money performance wise!

If you HAVE to get a 1.6, definately get the FSI.

I do not know what your financial status is or if insurance is an issue but I would look into a 1.8TFSI, 2.0FSI or the 1.9TDI all in the 8P chassis!

I don't know about the south mate but if you contact Streetracer in Bangor in the north, Armo (the owner) would be able to you oettinger stuff! check out www.yell.com and type in Streetracer

Audi_nut said:

TBH, having owned an A3 with a 1.6 fsi engine, I wouldnt bother with it, if your going to shell out all that money (must be about 10k) you might as well get the 1.9 diesel, prolly just as cheap to insure and has a lot more poke as well, especially if you get it chipped.

Agree. Given that the original post stated he is converting from a 1.0 Litre POLO, the 1.6 FSI might have enough punch for his enjoyment. I would still try very hard to get a 1.9 TDI instead of the 1.6 FSI. Will cost a bit more, but may be you can get something with a few more k's within your budget.

Boydie said:
I reckon your polo would give a 1.6 A3 a run for its money performance wise!

If you HAVE to get a 1.6, definately get the FSI.

I do not know what your financial status is or if insurance is an issue but I would look into a 1.8TFSI, 2.0FSI or the 1.9TDI all in the 8P chassis! .

I can't really stretch to 1.8TFSI, 2.0FSI or the 1.9TDI to BUY are RUN. Although I would love to!!!!!!!!. My DAD has 04 A4 1.9TDI (130BHP, remapped to about 170bhp) and that is a load of fun to drive and espically the torque is unreal, and my Uncle has an A4 2.0TDI (170BHP) Which is one hell of a car to drive (although looking at one of the formus here "The 170 story so far" mayabe not).You could say that Audi Runs in OUR FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!!.:yes: :yes: :yes:

2.0T if i could do it. But if i were you i'd go for the 1.9 TDI. don't go for the 1.6, it's dog slow, the car is too heavy for the engine.

I was driving around town today and came onto the dual carriageway, in the rear view mirror I saw a red 1.6 A3 which I have seen about before. he sat right up close to my rear bumper and then went to over take irratically so I put the foot down in 4th and completely smoked it (my car being a 2.0tdi)

my car isnt exactly light either with 19" BBS' and a full sound system in the boot

I used to have the 1.6FSI A3. Had it for over 18months was a nice car as came from a 1.2 Corsa lol. The 1.6FSI isn't really that quick but got me about nicely for awhile. I had the 1.6FSI as insurance was silly for young drivers it's got a bit better now I've a few years NCB so got my 170TDI now.

Go for the 1.6FSI over the normal 1.6.

Well no surprise there then. You should definitely smoke a 1.6.

Rich