7% Discount confirmed

Staz

is a retronaut
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I mentioned it in my other thread but I have just had it confirmed by another dealer and yes there is now a 7% discount on all S models bar the S5.

Sorry to anyone who as just ordered.

if i had just ordered it would be getting cancelled or big arguement in dealer until I got my 7%!!

Do you mean a 7% discount from Audi - officially?

If so I am going to give my dealer a ring as I am picking my car up on September 1st, what do you think of my chances?

s3mike said:
Do you mean a 7% discount from Audi - officially?

If so I am going to give my dealer a ring as I am picking my car up on September 1st, what do you think of my chances?
Slim to none :( You agreed to the price when you ordered and paid your deposit, so I doubt they'd give you money off now :(

I could cancel the order, lose the £1000 deposit, order again and still be over £1000 better off though!

True

They would not be bothered though as they will have 2 to sell then, your cancelled one which would still come and go in the showroom and the new one you order already sold!

Yeah, true, but surely they would have to drop the price of my car in order to sell it if new ones are 7% less!

s3mike said:
Yeah, true, but surely they would have to drop the price of my car in order to sell it if new ones are 7% less!

Yeah they'd have to! But you'd be more likely to get a discount on the car you've already ordered surely. I doubt they'd be happy with you cancelling and ordering another. I worked out a 1200 saving on the car I want.

And yes a 7% discount from Audi officially. I'm dealing with 2 independant blokes right now. One at Finchley Audi and the other acts as a broker dealing with Brighton Audi (where I picked up my last car) and both recieved emails yesterday.

Thanks for the info.

I think I'll wait a day or two and then contact them, you never know they might actually offer the discount if I give them time.

Pigs might fly?

s3mike said:
Not necessarily, some people will be happy to pay more if it means they get it there and then rather than facing a 12 week wait. Still, some dealers would probably be happy enough to give you the discount, others will just dig their heals in and refuse point blank just to be awkward

A 7% discount :mad: I would have saved over £600 on my order, and i managed to get a 5% discount!

I ordered my S3 in the beginning of July, and my dealer confirmed my order as week 38, and including delivery, i'm looking to collect on the 1st week of October.

Don't think i've got much of a chance of getting a further discount on it now though.

Hmm, just phoned a different dealer and they haven't heard of any discount and said the last S3 was sold at list price - with 1000 miles on it.

If the discount is offered by Audi wouldn't they announce it officially?

Looks like its dealer specific to me...

Dont forget its getting near September and new reg time, wonder whether they are way off their quota.....???

Both guys I spoke to recieved an email directly from Audi so I'm suprised that others haven't heard of it.

I can understand the new reg thing but I doubt they'd put their prices back up after the new reg would they? Also I'm ordering to collect next spring so it wouldn't matter to them.

Maybe the dealer themselves are able to get the car at a 7% discount off the price they have been paying for them. Some might be passing this on to the customers, some are keeping the extra profit for themselves maybe?

staz1000 said:
Both guys I spoke to recieved an email directly from Audi so I'm suprised that others haven't heard of it.

I can understand the new reg thing but I doubt they'd put their prices back up after the new reg would they? Also I'm ordering to collect next spring so it wouldn't matter to them.

You should know by now dealers will do anything!!

Ordering now irrespective of when its picked up does not matter to them as it will go on this months sales figures, thats why they are so pushy sometimes to get you to leave a deposit.

JamS3 said:
You should know by now dealers will do anything!!

Ordering now irrespective of when its picked up does not matter to them as it will go on this months sales figures, thats why they are so pushy sometimes to get you to leave a deposit.

Actually you could be right there. I was asked how much I wanted for mine, they said ok and wanted me to order straight away! Of course I'm now asking for more for mine :icon_thumright:

staz1000 said:
I mentioned it in my other thread but I have just had it confirmed by another dealer and yes there is now a 7% discount on all S models bar the S5.

Sorry to anyone who as just ordered.

I'm almost ready ,(Almost ready to get rid of my mk iv R32),And buy a new S3.I was thinking of importing an S3,So i could have a really good spec,Buckets,sat nav,bose,etc.
Finchley is my local dealer.How would i go about getting a 7% discount,And are you going to get this discount your-self.
By the way hello to everyone,I'm new to this forum,But have read some intresting posts.When i get mine,I will feel at home...:icon_thumright:

Welcome James.

I'm sure your dealer won't just offer the discount as soon as you walk in the door. You might have to do some hard bargining and sell your car privately. Let us know how you get on.

Regards, John.

These posts really make me un-happy! Just brought and Ex-demo and near new prices and now you can get 7% B@stards!

It means i could have had new, in the spec i wanted for less.

I feel for you dude. I too had to pay full whack, but I did have one of the first cars in the UK and have really enjoyed 8 months of ownership!!

Regards, John.

I didn't manage to get a discount either, I tried but maybe not hard enough.

I phoned Newbury Audi and they denied knowledge of any 7% offer, as said before I think it might be a discount on the price the dealer pays and up to them whether they pass it on.

My dealer ( Swindon Audi ) said no discounts on S3 and that they have sold their demonstrators at list price - the one in the showroom is up for 33K ( loaded with options ! ).

I'm picking up my car in 8 days, at which point I hope I'll forget that I got ripped off!

To sum all dealers and B@stards. They will sell your granny if they thought they could make a few quid.

I have now had my rant, but if that dealer thinks he is getting anymore out of me.......Think again. I'm an elephant, i never forget :slapped:

thebears said:
To sum all dealers and B@stards. They will sell your granny if they thought they could make a few quid.

I have now had my rant, but if that dealer thinks he is getting anymore out of me.......Think again. I'm an elephant, i never forget :slapped:
Why so mad? You were happy to pay the price you paid, otherwise you wouldn't have agreed to it. Everyone knows that there is a chance prices may go down after they buy, you just have to accept it. Sure it's annoying when it happens, but it's a fact of life. The longer you wait, the cheaper things become, simple as that really.

Thats why i am calm again now. I know what i paid, its more the other threads that Audi announce a 7% discount and then people go and try and get that said 7% doscount and the dealers keep it for themself.

james1978 said:
I'm almost ready ,(Almost ready to get rid of my mk iv R32),And buy a new S3.I was thinking of importing an S3,So i could have a really good spec,Buckets,sat nav,bose,etc.
Finchley is my local dealer.How would i go about getting a 7% discount,And are you going to get this discount your-self.
By the way hello to everyone,I'm new to this forum,But have read some intresting posts.When i get mine,I will feel at home...:icon_thumright:

I spoke to John Day at Finchley. He's their tax free guy but I'm sure he must do normal sales too.

More than anything else, how much a dealer charges for a car will depend on how much they want to sell it.

July/August is great for negotiating good deals as business is usually slow during the summer holidays and often dealers need to shift more units to hit their volume bonus in the weeks before a new plate is launched. If you are patient and lucky you can get over 10% off any car.

My strategy is:

• Have the cash waiting and be flexible about delivery date - although dealers make money off finance, if you can pay immediately it means they can massage their sales figures for whatever month they like.
  • See if the dealer can find a showroom model close to your spec - this allows them to deliver and register the car fast without waiting for a factory build.
  • Be flexible about delivery dates in this case - I waited another 2 weeks for mine just so the dealer could register it in the following month.
  • Ring lots of dealers and play them off against each other

Covenant said:
  • Ring lots of dealers and play them off against each other

That's exactly what I'm doing. Not on the price of the car but on my trade in price. Got a confirmed 17k and trying for 17k5