Volks AutosMonster Motorsport
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    S3-less untill December

Status

I have Narrowed it down to two colours , wat do u prefer

I have weighed it down to Solar Orange or Phantom Black , Both with Black Grills , but if i go for the black i will have titanium colour wheels or orange i will get black wheels and 50% tints , I lovee sprint blue but is very popular in my area , silver classy but plain yellow bit dull and non shiny ,

Tell me what u think , have 2 order 2 morrow 7% Discount WOooooo

2. # ADS
    ADS

Not anymore - Back 2 BMW (shh)

Status
    Black! Orange could be tricky when you wanna get rid (like the Focus ST is now)!

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by madalex
    I have weighed it down to Solar Orange or Phantom Black , Both with Black Grills , but if i go for the black i will have titanium colour wheels or orange i will get black wheels and 50% tints , I lovee sprint blue but is very popular in my area , silver classy but plain yellow bit dull and non shiny ,

Tell me what u think , have 2 order 2 morrow 7% Discount WOooooo
    Wow, love that deep orange on the bottom car - is that the standard orange that Audi do?

6th Gear

Status
    Please let us know if you get the 7%. I think Staz1000 lives in Germany, but I could be wrong.

Go for the black, orange may be too hard to sell on with out a big price drop.

Regards, John.

S3-less untill December

Status
    yer my 7% is confirmed , i love the orange alot , at the end of the day the focus st is hard 2 sell on maybe cause its a ford not the colour , or a bit of both maybe

5th Gear

Status
    well i wouldn't buy black in a million years either!!!!! especialy when its over a day old and you can see every single little mark on it!

S3-less untill December

Status
    so u recon orange ?

JED
    Neutral

Status
    I don't agree - I have Phantom Black, and with the Autoglym LifeShine on it it washes and leathers up a treat - looks gorgeous and doesn't show streaks etc., at all.

5th Gear

Status
    Orange has much more presence, it's noticeable. Not implying it's use should be to show off but merely saying that it's not recognised as another A3...

Phantom Black on the other hand, has the menacing look. It's full of venom which it is! The S3 engine is a beast of a car no doubt! but being too common is never nice =/

You seem like the type that's thinking of there present rather then future, i.e. resell value etc etc.

The solar orange with black grill will look LUSH! Definitely get's my vote *puts hand up*
    Audi A3 (8P) 2.0TDI SE .:. Ebony Black, Sports Suspension, Vienna Beige Sports Leather Seats, Concert II & BOSE, 6 CD-Changer, Xenons, Acoustic Parking Sensors & All The Packs .:.

Gone but not forgotten

thinking about stuff

Status
    i like the orange but would buy black as it would be easier to sell at trade in time.

2001 Black RS4 - P11 LCC
    1992 Burgundy Pearl Corrado VR6 - A20 LEE

1st Gear

Status
    I wouldnt buy black - I have promised never to buy another black car again. Look nice when clear - look cack 30 seconds after cleaning when its rained, bit of dust, etc,etc,etc.

Havign seen yellow - I was very impressed with the way it looked on the car.
    Nothing to see here: Woofdoggy , move along please........

S3-less untill December

Status
    so orange or not ? do u think it looks good as i will be lowering and doin wheels straight away

Third Gear

Status
    Personally would not have either, blacks a pig to clean and I would be worried about the resale of orange although I do like it. Orange S3's already seem to be fetching less than the other colours.If I had to be pushed I would probably go for the black purely for resale.
    How about the red, If misano red had been available I would probably have gone for that rather than the blue as i think 'S' or S-Line Audi's look stunning in red.Not that I am unhappy with the blue, as I think it looks lush.

Mark
    07 S3 Sprint Blue Now Sold
    12 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic Now sold
    A3 20 TDI S-Line Sportback in Daytona Grey with Aluminium Roof Rails, Fine Nappa Leather, Sat Nav, Comfort pack,Audi Sound System, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Privacy Glass, Interior Light Pack, Non Smoke Pack.

Neutral

Status
    100% black, Orange might be looking cool now but in two years will look ****e just like the 8L S3 in yellow.
    A3 Sline Quattro, Bluefin, Xenon plus, Bose,RNSE, Ipod link, 14 spokes, Chrome mirrors

1st Gear

Status
    I've got Sprint Blue, if I was to choose another colour, it would be Orange all the way. Go for it dude!!

4th Gear

Status
    i'd pick black, but i love that orange

the guys complaining about it being ******* to keep clean, you're kinda right, but you should look after it properly, no other colour can match it's beauty once it's been cleaned and looked after. half the fun of owning a black car imho is knowing it's beats any other colour for pureness in reflections and if i was buying a new S3, i'd certainly be keeping it immaculate and never let the paint go to pot

drew

6th Gear

Status
    I can't help feeling,rather like stonewashed jeans,anyone who buys an orange car will wake up one day and wonder what the hell they were thinking.
    It's gotta be black.
    '02 to '05 - Black Audi A4 1.9tdi sport
    '05 to '08 - Akoya Silver A3 sportback S-line DSG
    '08 to ? - Black Alpina D3

Rrrrrrrr-tech

Status
    I prefer orange, mainly just because I fancy a lairy coloured car next as the previous ones have been black, dark blue, grey etc. I'd only buy an orange S3 used though, not new.
    > S3 225 (03) - OEM+
    > 205 GTI (90) - Limited Edition Miami Blue with full leather - 1 of only 300 made
    > Clio v6 255 (05) - Lethal Weapon

View: My S3 diary

Neutral

Status
    Has to be black, the orange looks coold now but as someone already has said, in a few years time youll look back on it and think 'what the fudge did i do that for???'

I had a phantom black before current lava grey and as long as you use decent products it isnt that hard to keep clean (meguirs stuff)

and on top of all that, black with black grill looks good :P (maybe get black with orange grill? lol)

5th Gear

Status
    I wouldnt get orange myself, but Black is just too boring and doesnt show off the S3's styling as well!

So Orange gets my vote!

6th Gear

Status
    Dont go for orange, pain to sell on and dealer will give the "well its a hard colour to sell on and alot of people wont buy it" talk to give you less money for a trade in, something they don't/forget to say when you buy!

Black nice but as Klauster says hides the styling and lines of the car.

Something light is best, sprint is nice but far too many people have it!

I looked at alll of the colours and had the advantage of seeing them in the flesh and agreed silver looked the best to me anyway.

The colour thread at the top of the forum is good but try to see them in the flesh before comitting as the colours look totally different in pictures.
    NOW - Audi S3 Facelift - Sprint Blue, RNS-E Sat Nav, SDS, Bluetooth Phone Prep, Bose, Cruise, Buckets, FBMFSW, Adaptive Lights, Int Light Pack, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Piano Black Inserts, Through Load, Auto Dim RV Mirror/Wing, Auto Wipers/Lights, Folding Door Mirrors, Heated Seats, Ipod Dock, Front Arm Rest, Rear/Front Parking Sensors, 1st Aid Kit, Rear Arm Rest, H + R Springs, Front 15mm Spacers, Rear 10mm Spacers.

5th Gear

Status
    Out of those 2 I'd go for the black. And if you can afford to buy an S3 then chances are you can afford to have it detailed every 6 months or so by a pro to remove any swirls or scratches...

If I was to buy an S3 think I'd end up going for Dolphin Grey. Its not that dark that it blends into the background with every other car but and its still classy.

This might sound a bit daft but its one of the best ways I can think to summarise:

You have to go to some sort of function, meeting, funeral, anything like that, something formal. Your going to look like a right prat in a Solar Orange S3.

I like the orange but its not a colour I think I could live with on an everyday car!

S3-less untill December

Status
    ive just been out to see both orange and black as standard what do u guys think ??

6th Gear

Status
    Agree with Matts example, its nice to look at as it passes you on a nice sunny day.

Imagine owning one 6 months on in the height of winter when its pouring down, cold and dull. It just would not look right on the drive.

Just look at the old 8L S3, the more garish colours ie Absolute Red and Imola Yellow were always cheaper than others at main dealers even when more highly specced as they could not shift them!
    NOW - Audi S3 Facelift - Sprint Blue, RNS-E Sat Nav, SDS, Bluetooth Phone Prep, Bose, Cruise, Buckets, FBMFSW, Adaptive Lights, Int Light Pack, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Piano Black Inserts, Through Load, Auto Dim RV Mirror/Wing, Auto Wipers/Lights, Folding Door Mirrors, Heated Seats, Ipod Dock, Front Arm Rest, Rear/Front Parking Sensors, 1st Aid Kit, Rear Arm Rest, H + R Springs, Front 15mm Spacers, Rear 10mm Spacers.

6th Gear

Status
    That says it all with those pics, if it HAS to be out of those two then black but still think the shape is hidden.

Have a look at my silver and see how the shape and lines are shown better with the lighter colour:

6th Gear

Status

5th Gear

Status
    yeh balls to resale!!!! its your car and you should get it in the color you think it looks good in - forget what the next owner wants for god sake!!! you won't lose much between a 'good' colour and a 'bad' colour anyway (if there is such a thing as bad) out of black and orange - id go for orange 100%... but free choice... id have sprint blue

silver is so common - i mean even new poilce cars now are silver ffs!!! silver is the new white!!!!! next to go out of fasion definately - then you will lose money!

1st Gear

Status
    Out of the colours you have mentioned in your first thread:

1st - Yellow
    2nd - Orange
    3rd - Silver =
    3rd - Sprint Blue=
    5th - Black.
    Nothing to see here: Woofdoggy , move along please........

Sepang Blue S3

Status
    I have one mate....

2012 Porsche Cayman R Peridot Green MY12
    2011 Porsche Cayman S Basalt Black MY08

2010 S3 Sepang Blue MY10
    2009 S3 Imola Yellow MY09
    2007 S3 Solar Orange MY08
    2005 A3 2.0T FSI Quattro S-Line 200Bhp MY06 : Misano Red
    2003 A3 2.0Tdi Sport 140Bhp MY04 : Brilliant Black

Reverse Gear

Status
    Of the two, I'd choose black. What about Sprint Blue...?

S3-less untill December

Status
    way 2 common

S3-less untill December

Status
    how do u find ur orange ? u got ppl sayin bout the st focus 2 u ? private message me all the pics u have of orange if u dnt mind , wa u think the resale value of these car are , u recon they gunna b cheap

S3-less untill December

Status
    i see exacly what u mean , silver gives far more detail , i jus want sumthin diffrent

4th Gear

Status
    look on used audi locator for new S3's just to see colours

http://www.audi.co.uk/audi/uk/en2/used_cars.html

got all colours on there, with loads of pics

Sepang Blue S3

Status
    Nope, nothing about ST.

Just how good it looks. Everyone likes it. Its an Audi not a Ford. Its a car that can oull off the colour and very special.

DM

Here are a few pics...

www.david-mann.com/pics/s31.JPG
    www.david-mann.com/pics/s32.JPG
    www.david-mann.com/pics/s33.JPG
    www.david-mann.com/pics/s34.JPG
    www.david-mann.com/pics/s35.JPG
    www.david-mann.com/pics/s36.JPG

Slow connection but you will get the pics...
    2012 Porsche Cayman R Peridot Green MY12
    2011 Porsche Cayman S Basalt Black MY08

2010 S3 Sepang Blue MY10
    2009 S3 Imola Yellow MY09
    2007 S3 Solar Orange MY08
    2005 A3 2.0T FSI Quattro S-Line 200Bhp MY06 : Misano Red
    2003 A3 2.0Tdi Sport 140Bhp MY04 : Brilliant Black

is a retronaut

Status
    I originally test drove an orange S3 but wasn't interested at first, then I fell in love with it and after being disappointed with the yellow decided I was definately going to get it. I even found that anything I saw in orange I really liked! More recently I have found that I'm not so smitten. It's still a great looking colour, and out of the 2 suggested in this thread I'd have it. I'm sick of my Phantom Black A3 looking dirty. But just be warned, when these guys say that you'll get bored of it they're actually right. I didn't believe them but they knew better than me.

Anyway after all that ORANGE ORANGE ORANGE! lol

PS John I do live in Germany so I'll be getting 7% off after the VAT comes off! hehe (22k OTR)
    8P2 S3

For advice on Air Con problems please read my FAQs.
    To find ASN members with VCDS check out the MAP.

S3-less untill December

Status
    Bored of having black ? , i think having black is cool because u have to put ur back into keeping it clean and swirl free , nothing better than on a sunday cleaning car for good 5 hours

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by madalex
    i see exacly what u mean , silver gives far more detail
    Do you think ?
    My own feelings are that silver takes away detail from any car and it just becomes a 'mush'.
    Oh well !
    You know,the orange does look good in photos.
    I still don't think I'd have the balls though.
    Partly because I don't want to draw attention,partly for resale.

Third Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by steve184
    silver is so common - i mean even new poilce cars now are silver ffs!!
    Silver is for people who just can't make there mind up !!! so they go for the safe option. It does look nice but as steve says ''common''. Next time you are sat in a jam look how many cars around you are silver, you will be amazed.

Sorry Silver car owners, IMO.

Sorry JamS3, your car does look nice though.

Mark
    07 S3 Sprint Blue Now Sold
    12 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic Now sold
    A3 20 TDI S-Line Sportback in Daytona Grey with Aluminium Roof Rails, Fine Nappa Leather, Sat Nav, Comfort pack,Audi Sound System, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Privacy Glass, Interior Light Pack, Non Smoke Pack.

6th Gear

Status
    Apart from the general middle-of-the-road quality of silver,I get frustrated that it doesn't reward good cleaning.
    It doesn't matter whether you spend hours or chuck it through a carwash,it looks the same.
    Take my Akoya silver car.
    I spent hours doing it about a year ago,it didn't look any better.
    So I chuck it through the carwash and put all the Meguires/Collinite/microfibre effort into the wife's black car !
    My next car will be black,but then I'll two of the sods to look after....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast