I have Norrowed it down to two colours , wat do u prefer

madalex

S3-less untill December
Reaction score
I have weighed it down to Solar Orange or Phantom Black , Both with Black Grills , but if i go for the black i will have titanium colour wheels or orange i will get black wheels and 50% tints , I lovee sprint blue but is very popular in my area , silver classy but plain yellow bit dull and non shiny ,

Tell me what u think , have 2 order 2 morrow 7% Discount WOooooo

madalex said:
I have weighed it down to Solar Orange or Phantom Black , Both with Black Grills , but if i go for the black i will have titanium colour wheels or orange i will get black wheels and 50% tints , I lovee sprint blue but is very popular in my area , silver classy but plain yellow bit dull and non shiny , http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/madalex101/VehicleImage.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/madalex101/mtms307_01.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/madalex101/007__scaled_600.jpg

Tell me what u think , have 2 order 2 morrow 7% Discount WOooooo

Wow, love that deep orange on the bottom car - is that the standard orange that Audi do?

Please let us know if you get the 7%. I think Staz1000 lives in Germany, but I could be wrong.

Go for the black, orange may be too hard to sell on with out a big price drop.

Regards, John.

yer my 7% is confirmed , i love the orange alot , at the end of the day the focus st is hard 2 sell on maybe cause its a ford not the colour , or a bit of both maybe

well i wouldn't buy black in a million years either!!!!! especialy when its over a day old and you can see every single little mark on it!

so u recon orange ?

I don't agree - I have Phantom Black, and with the Autoglym LifeShine on it it washes and leathers up a treat - looks gorgeous and doesn't show streaks etc., at all.

Orange has much more presence, it's noticeable. Not implying it's use should be to show off but merely saying that it's not recognised as another A3...

Phantom Black on the other hand, has the menacing look. It's full of venom which it is! The S3 engine is a beast of a car no doubt! but being too common is never nice =/

You seem like the type that's thinking of there present rather then future, i.e. resell value etc etc.

The solar orange with black grill will look LUSH! Definitely get's my vote *puts hand up*

i like the orange but would buy black as it would be easier to sell at trade in time.

I wouldnt buy black - I have promised never to buy another black car again. Look nice when clear - look cack 30 seconds after cleaning when its rained, bit of dust, etc,etc,etc.

Havign seen yellow - I was very impressed with the way it looked on the car.

so orange or not ? do u think it looks good as i will be lowering and doin wheels straight away

Personally would not have either, blacks a pig to clean and I would be worried about the resale of orange although I do like it. Orange S3's already seem to be fetching less than the other colours.If I had to be pushed I would probably go for the black purely for resale.
How about the red, If misano red had been available I would probably have gone for that rather than the blue as i think 'S' or S-Line Audi's look stunning in red.Not that I am unhappy with the blue, as I think it looks lush.

Mark

100% black, Orange might be looking cool now but in two years will look ***** just like the 8L S3 in yellow.

I've got Sprint Blue, if I was to choose another colour, it would be Orange all the way. Go for it dude!!

i'd pick black, but i love that orange :)

the guys complaining about it being ******* to keep clean, you're kinda right, but you should look after it properly, no other colour can match it's beauty once it's been cleaned and looked after. half the fun of owning a black car imho is knowing it's beats any other colour for pureness in reflections ;) and if i was buying a new S3, i'd certainly be keeping it immaculate and never let the paint go to pot

drew

I can't help feeling,rather like stonewashed jeans,anyone who buys an orange car will wake up one day and wonder what the hell they were thinking.
It's gotta be black.

I prefer orange, mainly just because I fancy a lairy coloured car next as the previous ones have been black, dark blue, grey etc. I'd only buy an orange S3 used though, not new.

Has to be black, the orange looks coold now but as someone already has said, in a few years time youll look back on it and think 'what the fudge did i do that for???'

I had a phantom black before current lava grey and as long as you use decent products it isnt that hard to keep clean (meguirs stuff)

and on top of all that, black with black grill looks good :p (maybe get black with orange grill? lol)

I wouldnt get orange myself, but Black is just too boring and doesnt show off the S3's styling as well!

So Orange gets my vote!

Dont go for orange, pain to sell on and dealer will give the "well its a hard colour to sell on and alot of people wont buy it" talk to give you less money for a trade in, something they don't/forget to say when you buy!

Black nice but as Klauster says hides the styling and lines of the car.

Something light is best, sprint is nice but far too many people have it!

I looked at alll of the colours and had the advantage of seeing them in the flesh and agreed silver looked the best to me anyway.

The colour thread at the top of the forum is good but try to see them in the flesh before comitting as the colours look totally different in pictures.

Out of those 2 I'd go for the black. And if you can afford to buy an S3 then chances are you can afford to have it detailed every 6 months or so by a pro to remove any swirls or scratches...

If I was to buy an S3 think I'd end up going for Dolphin Grey. Its not that dark that it blends into the background with every other car but and its still classy.

This might sound a bit daft but its one of the best ways I can think to summarise:

You have to go to some sort of function, meeting, funeral, anything like that, something formal. Your going to look like a right prat in a Solar Orange S3.

I like the orange but its not a colour I think I could live with on an everyday car!

ive just been out to see both orange and black as standard what do u guys think ??
08082007001.jpg

08082007002.jpg

09082007009.jpg

09082007011.jpg

Agree with Matts example, its nice to look at as it passes you on a nice sunny day.

Imagine owning one 6 months on in the height of winter when its pouring down, cold and dull. It just would not look right on the drive.

Just look at the old 8L S3, the more garish colours ie Absolute Red and Imola Yellow were always cheaper than others at main dealers even when more highly specced as they could not shift them!

That says it all with those pics, if it HAS to be out of those two then black but still think the shape is hidden.

Have a look at my silver and see how the shape and lines are shown better with the lighter colour:

DSC00984.jpg

yeh balls to resale!!!! its your car and you should get it in the color you think it looks good in - forget what the next owner wants for god sake!!! you won't lose much between a 'good' colour and a 'bad' colour anyway (if there is such a thing as bad) out of black and orange - id go for orange 100%... but free choice... id have sprint blue

silver is so common - i mean even new poilce cars now are silver ***!!! silver is the new white!!!!! next to go out of fasion definately - then you will lose money!

Of the two, I'd choose black. What about Sprint Blue...?

how do u find ur orange ? u got ppl sayin bout the st focus 2 u ? private message me all the pics u have of orange if u dnt mind , wa u think the resale value of these car are , u recon they gunna b cheap

i see exacly what u mean , silver gives far more detail , i jus want sumthin diffrent

I originally test drove an orange S3 but wasn't interested at first, then I fell in love with it and after being disappointed with the yellow decided I was definately going to get it. I even found that anything I saw in orange I really liked! More recently I have found that I'm not so smitten. It's still a great looking colour, and out of the 2 suggested in this thread I'd have it. I'm sick of my Phantom Black A3 looking dirty. But just be warned, when these guys say that you'll get bored of it they're actually right. I didn't believe them but they knew better than me.

Anyway after all that ORANGE ORANGE ORANGE! lol

PS John I do live in Germany so I'll be getting 7% off after the VAT comes off! hehe (22k OTR)

Bored of having black ? , i think having black is cool because u have to put ur back into keeping it clean and swirl free , nothing better than on a sunday cleaning car for good 5 hours

madalex said:
i see exacly what u mean , silver gives far more detail

Do you think ?
My own feelings are that silver takes away detail from any car and it just becomes a 'mush'.
Oh well !
You know,the orange does look good in photos.
I still don't think I'd have the balls though.
Partly because I don't want to draw attention,partly for resale.

steve184 said:
silver is so common - i mean even new poilce cars now are silver ***!!

Silver is for people who just can't make there mind up !!! so they go for the safe option. It does look nice but as steve says ''common''. Next time you are sat in a jam look how many cars around you are silver, you will be amazed.

Sorry Silver car owners, IMO.

Sorry JamS3, your car does look nice though.

Mark

Apart from the general middle-of-the-road quality of silver,I get frustrated that it doesn't reward good cleaning.
It doesn't matter whether you spend hours or chuck it through a carwash,it looks the same.
Take my Akoya silver car.
I spent hours doing it about a year ago,it didn't look any better.
So I chuck it through the carwash and put all the Meguires/Collinite/microfibre effort into the wife's black car !
My next car will be black,but then I'll two of the sods to look after....