I have Norrowed it down to two colours , wat do u prefer

Like people say though orange is different on a focus st to a s3, its the car and the shape that makes the colour too.

A orange reliant robin would not look very good in audi orange now would it?

Comparing silver to any other car esp a police car is not really a good comparison now is it?

However they are coming in that colour due to a better resale value for them so your comment kind of contradicts itself!

bowfer said:
Apart from the general middle-of-the-road quality of silver,I get frustrated that it doesn't reward good cleaning.
It doesn't matter whether you spend hours or chuck it through a carwash,it looks the same.
Take my Akoya silver car.
I spent hours doing it about a year ago,it didn't look any better.
So I chuck it through the carwash and put all the Meguires/Collinite/microfibre effort into the wife's black car !
My next car will be black,but then I'll two of the sods to look after....

so u get what i mean by enjoying having to treat a black car to products n hard work , ect , I think im being edged more towards black

JamS3 said:
Like people say though orange is different on a focus st to a s3, its the car and the shape that makes the colour too.

A orange reliant robin would not look very good in audi orange now would it?

Comparing silver to any other car esp a police car is not really a good comparison now is it?

However they are coming in that colour due to a better resale value for them so your comment kind of contradicts itself!

so is an orange a good colour for the shape of an s3 ?

JamS3 said:
Agree with Matts example, its nice to look at as it passes you on a nice sunny day.

Imagine owning one 6 months on in the height of winter when its pouring down, cold and dull. It just would not look right on the drive.

Just look at the old 8L S3, the more garish colours ie Absolute Red and Imola Yellow were always cheaper than others at main dealers even when more highly specced as they could not shift them!

i understand what u mean :blackrs4:

madalex said:
so is an orange a good colour for the shape of an s3 ?

I'd say no, far too easy to confuse with a focus st.

I'm not being a snob they are a good car but when i've spent around 30k on a car I want it to look individual.

That and the other reasons iv'e mentioned.

Its easy people saying it does not matter what the dealer does when you come to sell it just enjoy it. Believe me it will matter when they offer you a few hundred less than others just cause the colour, believe me they will do!

Just go with your gut feel mate.
It's your car, so get what you think you'll be happier with in the long run. Though re-sale value is a factor it shouldn't dictate what you chose unless you're really thinking about it as an investment!

Personally I think becasue the S3's styling is so discrete you're better off with a colour that highlights the 'S' touches.
The black, for me, is just way to discreet- fine if that's what you're after.

Silver, my last S3 was silver simply because there we're so many about and as bowfer mentioned above, it doesn't matter how you clean it, it just looks the same - it did look really good on the old S3 though, and is arguably the safest colour, but as mentioned before is the safe option.
I think the grey kind fo falls in to this category too.

Sprint blue is proving very popular - I opted for it, so if residual values are your thing it's probably a very safe bet again come resale, and I think (but I would wondn't I!) that it works well on the S3. :)

I quite like the Orange, but wouldn't buy it purely because it would get too much attention for me, but i do think the colour works well on the S3.

My other thought would be white, I think it looks really good, you could also get the black optics pack and get the wheels painted tianium/anthacrite???

Let us know what you finally decide.

White looks excellent!

There is one already at Wearside Audi with the black optics pack

I went for blue, I think it looks lovely. I wasnt brave enough to go for white that I agree would look absolutely fantastic with the black grill and titanium wheels.

I don't think the back of the S3 would look that great in white though, I think it looks better in blue or some of the darker colours.

i do agree white is cool

Thers some thing about the black i love , orange is just mad , thanks guys a appreciate all this help

012.jpg

but then theres this white which is a colour newly coming popular again
VehicleImage-1.jpg

Just to throw something else into the mix - when you order a new S3 as an Audi lease car (Audi UK or VW Group) - white isnt an avaialble option - this kind of suggests that they arent very confident of future values of white cars themselves!!!

Moro Blue will be a rare colour on the car.

so tempted to go white on my next car, the S3 looks mint in white, Audi are really pushing the whites and reds, kinda retro :blink:

i just cant decide , cant spend 30 grand on any colour it needs 2 b so right , and should b diffrent

the s3 brake calipers go best with black , i just think as im gettin the car from new unlike my old black car i will b able 2 look after the paint form day one , plus i want armourfend

Exlusive = Colour to sample - so whats your dream colour - if you fancy white then how about the metalic white off the Gallardo?

If you fancy Orange, then how about Porsche Blood orange or the newer version they are using on the RS? Lambo again have a metalic Orange not flat like the Audi colour.

If you fancy Yellow - Audi used to do Citrus Yellow which is quite nice and bright, or Yellow from the R26/R27 Renaults

Black - Errmmmmmmmmm

Silver - if you fancy a silver like colour you have sooo omany silvers, pale greys in the market place.

If you can afford / justify exclusive (and Iam toyign with changing mine, just so I can have an exclusive yellow colour) then the world is your oyster - it doesnt matter what anyone else thinks because you have potentially the only one made in that colour and you have it totally exclusive sat on your drive every day. Just go into the local boots and find a nail varnish colour you like :D

not sure which silver it was - i thought there was only one , never really asked my dealer lol :)

I saw it and wanted it .. had 2 black cars before , Black S3 didn't really do it for me.

Depends when it was abuilt - Silver changed with the model year changes - so if it was built july or after could be new silver - built before then it will be the old silver.

Shao_khan said:
Depends when it was abuilt - Silver changed with the model year changes - so if it was built july or after could be new silver - built before then it will be the old silver.

I was told its just the name that has changed on the silver to make the colour more appealing to customers "ice" sounds better than "metallic".

Those pics are slightly older than new models anyway so will be the older (same!) silver.

i might get black and take extraa care , black would b best colour if they had no swirls , orange i have confirmed have bad resale values ,

Black is orderd , :) wiked discount n coool spec :) :applaus: :haha: :jump: :jump: :jump: orderd some new detailing stuff now , any advice on keeping a black car swirl free will b v much apreciated:blackrs4: :blackrs4: :blackrs4: :blackrs4: :blackrs4: :blackrs4: :blackrs4: :)

Obviously I would say black cause mine is black aswell:icon_thumright:

Have a look in the detailing thread I'm sure there is a thread in there all on looking after black cars!

Well done!

Black doesn't NEED obsessive care though.
I'm not into detailing,yet people still think my wife's car looks great.
Okay,it won't win any awards at a show and someone into detailing would probably laugh,but it still looks ****** clean and shiny to me and the majority of people.
I'm not having a pop at detailers,if that's your thing,great.
But black doen't NEED five hours work every time you clean it.

yer im so glad i orderd black now , any one recomend that auto glymn lifeshine ? , any one got any pictures of a black car with titanium wheels :blackrs4: :blackrs4: :blackrs4:

Iv'e got the lifeshine on mine and its good, but what the dealer does not tell you is when you see the valet instructions it really needs applying twice a year on season changes ie summer to winter and vice versa.

Auto Glym do the stuff to do this but things like diamondbrite only need applying once.

Oh and the cost is a bit stupid, I didn't pay for mine, try to get it thrown in free. The kit only costs the dealer around £70!!

JamS3 said:
Iv'e got the lifeshine on mine and its good, but what the dealer does not tell you is when you see the valet instructions it really needs applying twice a year on season changes ie summer to winter and vice versa.

Auto Glym do the stuff to do this but things like diamondbrite only need applying once.

Oh and the cost is a bit stupid, I didn't pay for mine, try to get it thrown in free. The kit only costs the dealer around £70!!

*bas*rds they give me 7% discount and wont throw lifeshine in for me not even at cost ,
im glad ive orderd black now ,

Iv'e got a full diamond brite kit from my mate who is a dealer untouched and unopened if you want to make me a offer. I bought it off him and was ging to put it on mine until Audi gave me the Auto Glym for nothing.

Its very easy to do. 2 stage system, put one on leave it a bit put the other over it and buff off.

Black, Black, Black !!!

Plus points
1. Think of your residuals (Orange (/Peach, as my partner would put it) may be popular at the moment ... but when you come to sell ... ??? ... plus Ford are pushing it ... mmmhhhhhh!
2. Black always delivers ... it is neutral, but has presence any time anywhere in all conditions, and in particular when 'all nice clean and shiny'!
Negative points
Black is a 'bu**ger to maintain , but on the upside will give you more time to be with your 'alternate loved one ' ;-)