Owners 2.0T FSI Quattro question

Steve-L

Reaction score
Can you get to 60mph in 2nd gear, mine gets to about 55ish (speedo reading) before it redlines ?

My 2.0FSI gets to about 62 on the speedo in 2nd gear, but I think the speedo reads 5 or 10% higher than I'm actually going.

this is strange as most petrol cars are geared to be able to do 60 in second purposely to give it a good 0-60 time - this is the reason why diesels have such abismal 0-60 times in comparison as they need two gearchanges (and god do you waste time changing gear - you don't half realise this with the s-tronic box)

Mine won't do 60 in second. They dont gear cars to purposely do 60 in 2nd, some cars can do it others cant. I find the gears on the A3 to be very short especially 6th which should have been a cruising gear and give better economy on a run.

My T4 needs 3rd to hit 60 as well.

Its the quattro's, they run a very slightly shorter set of ratios than the 2wd cars due to the extra weight of the 4wd. Hence old S3's wouldn;t reach 60 in second either and the new 2.0TFSi is no different.

Don't know about whether mine (S-Tronic) will hit 60 in 2nd or not, but my speedo is GPS accurate to 1mph up to about 90....