Sky InsuranceVolks Autos
    3rd Gear

Status

My Phantom Black S3 fitted with 19"BBS CHs and lowered with H&Rs!

Hi Guys,

Here are some pics of my new baby. I have tinted the windows, lowered the suspension and slapped on 19" BBS CHs.

Last edited by Rabbit222; 12th August 2007 at 18:27.
    2012 RS3 / Daytona Grey / Alu pack / revo3+ / LOBA500P / LOBA CNC Intake pipe / LOBA HPFP / Forge Race FMIC / Milltek resonated exhaust / revo intake system / Devils own WMI / 20" BBS CH-R Titanium / H&R Monotube coilovers / H&R Anti Roll bars / Alu Roof rails / Hybrid RS grille / R8 paddle shifters /

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Spot on! Very nice indeed

Neutral

Status
    Looks great and the best colour too

Could you post some more details on the wheels and lowering. I am very keen on the BBS wheels but am not sure what offset and tyre size and where to buy them. Also has the ride changed much, I guess this could be down to the lowering though.

Thanks, A4

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A4CAB
    Looks great and the best colour too

Could you post some more details on the wheels and lowering. I am very keen on the BBS wheels but am not sure what offset and tyre size and where to buy them. Also has the ride changed much, I guess this could be down to the lowering though.

Thanks, A4
    Hi, Wheels are 19" x 8J and the offset is ET50. I have used 235/35/19s. The tyre used has got a slightly thicker side wall then other 235s I've seen and because of this I've had to remove a screw on each of the fenderliners due to it catching. I reckon the ride has improved as the H&R spring gives a nice soft ride in comparison with the stock springs which IMHO are quite hard...handling is second to none
    2012 RS3 / Daytona Grey / Alu pack / revo3+ / LOBA500P / LOBA CNC Intake pipe / LOBA HPFP / Forge Race FMIC / Milltek resonated exhaust / revo intake system / Devils own WMI / 20" BBS CH-R Titanium / H&R Monotube coilovers / H&R Anti Roll bars / Alu Roof rails / Hybrid RS grille / R8 paddle shifters /

under pressure

Status
    Very nice. Did you use only springs or a full suspension kit. Also can you give more details please.

Thanks
    Last edited by aiculedtzu; 30th July 2007 at 12:26.
    Audi S3 2.0 TFSI quattro - Turbo-Back exhaust - Cold Air Intake - Uprated Fuel Pump - Upgraded Clutch - Upgraded Intercooler - Stage2+ Software

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by aiculedtzu
    Very nice. Did you use only springs or a full suspention kit. Also can you give more details please.

Thanks
    I only used springs,

H&R kit part number: 29100-1
    Last edited by Rabbit222; 30th July 2007 at 12:28.

1st Gear

Status
    Very nice car...what did you use to get that shine?

Shame about the wheels.......

6th Gear

Status
    Wheels look fantastic - have always liked CH. The car looks great and yes nice and shiny. Thumbs up
    Wife - 12 BMW 320D 181 bhp, 8 Speed Auto, Melbourne Red, Heated Leather, privacy.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy. (Sold)
    Golf GTi MK6 - Revo stage 2, ITG, Milltek Race TBE, AP Racing 4 pot BBK - Sold.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy,Nav, Park sensors, 6 disc, Revo Stage 1, ITG Enclosed Intake - Sold
    BMW M135i F20 - Bloody good straight from the box !

"Fast Cars are Safer...."

3rd Gear

Status
    Meguiars NXT wax does the job

Neutral

Status
    looks good buddy

3rd Gear

Status
    Thanks Ved!

2nd Gear

Status
    Nice, 19's make all the difference!
    2005 A3 2.0TDi Quattro Sport S-line - Brilliant Black, Full Votex kit (SOLD)
    2007 RS4 V8 - Sprint Blue

1st Gear

Status
    Was it you who had the lovely MKV Golf GTi ?
    S3 looks great by the way. lol

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by curley
    Was it you who had the lovely MKV Golf GTi ?
    S3 looks great by the way. lol
    Hi, yeah I had a MKV GTI that was written off a few weeks ago...thanks for the compliment

5th Gear

Status
    looks awesome how much is the drop

2009 Suzuki GSXR1000K9 SE in White
    2012 Triumph Speed Triple R in Black
    2012 RS3 in Racing Mica Blue
    2012 A1 TFSI in Misano red (shared with mum)

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A3simon
    looks awesome how much is the drop
    Thanks. The H&R kit lowers the car by 25mm.

Neutral

Status
    Thats got to be one of the best looking S3's i've seen, justy makes me want one even more now, just need to win the lottery!!

What sort of price would the wheel/tyre combo be in the UK?? any ideas?
    Audi A3 2.0T Quattro S-line, 06/06, Black/Black Heated Leather, SatNav, Xenons, Folding Mirrors, Cruise, P/Sensors etc

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Leetaylor
    Thats got to be one of the best looking S3's i've seen, justy makes me want one even more now, just need to win the lottery!!

What sort of price would the wheel/tyre combo be in the UK?? any ideas?
    Thanks dude, not too sure what it costs in the UK but here in SA it costs about R30000...just divide that figure by 15

2nd Gear

Status
    tidy :D
    - Andrew

Neutral

Status
    What model are the BBS's looked on a site and there are loads that lookm similar! ie, CH, RS-GT etc etc??
    Audi A3 2.0T Quattro S-line, 06/06, Black/Black Heated Leather, SatNav, Xenons, Folding Mirrors, Cruise, P/Sensors etc

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Leetaylor
    What model are the BBS's looked on a site and there are loads that lookm similar! ie, CH, RS-GT etc etc??
    BBS CH

Neutral

Status
    Thought they were

Just done a price check, 4 wheels and 4 Goodyear Eagle's 225/35/19's come to arround 1850, not bad really.
    Just need the car now!!!! lol

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit222
    Thanks dude, not too sure what it costs in the UK but here in SA it costs about R30000...just divide that figure by 15
    Assuming you mean 300000 rand, that's about 20k !!!
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo1
    Assuming you mean 300000 rand, that's about 20k !!!
    No, no...I meant 30 000 Rand divided by 15 equates to around 2000 pounds

6th Gear

Status
    Looks fantastic. Perfect ride height.
    '07 Phantom Black S3 - '07 to now - Bucket Seats, FBMFSW, BOSE, Symphony II+, Cruise Control, Elec Folding Mirrors, Front Centre Armrest, Rear Armrest & Through Load, Interior Light Pack, Luggage Pack, Reversible Boot Mat, Luggage net.
    '02 Silver S3 (225bhp) - '02 to '07
    '99 A3 1.8T - '99 to '02

'11 Rising Blue Golf R - '12 to now - 19" Black Talladega's
    '52 Black Golf GTi MkIV Anniversary - '03 to '12

3rd Gear

Status
    Thanks AL B!

Status
    Stunning! Love the wheels and the tints work perfectly with the black paintwork.
    2004 A3 Sportback 2.0TDI SE, RNS-E Sat Nav SW0650 TMC, 17" Star Alloys, Xenons, DIS, Rear Mats & Sunblind, Alu trim, Ebony Black pearlescent
    2006 Honda Accord EX i-CTDI, Arctic Blue, Leather, Sat Nav, XCarLink

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by benw123
    Stunning! Love the wheels and the tints work perfectly with the black paintwork.
    Thanks Ben!

MiT
    Work Hard, Play harder!!

Status
    Excellent love the whole look of it, what % are the tints?
    A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI S-Line
    Amalfi White || Comfort Pack || Audi Sound System 10 Speakers || Interior Light Pack || Elec Lumber Support || Sat Nav || Non Smoking pack

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MiT
    Excellent love the whole look of it, what % are the tints?
    Thanks MiT, I went with 50% as this is the lightest available.

2nd Gear

Status
    looks the doogies mate!

I can dream for now.
    Phantom Black S3, DSG, Buckets, Satnav, Bose, Bluetooth Prep, Heated Seats, Interior Light pack, Highbeam Assist, parking sensors. Done: Lowered H&R Springs, Spacers, Full Miltek Turbo Back, HPFP - Next on list: Evoms, Forge Re-circ Valve, REVO Stage 2+ and REVO DSG Software when available! - Then, no doubt Uprated brakes will be needed, (Better get saving)

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by L33TAY
    looks the doogies mate!

I can dream for now.
    Thanks bud......

3rd Gear

Status

Optics Grille fitted!

Had the Optics grille fitted last week and am very happy with the result!

1st Gear

Status
    Looking good!
    "Why So Serious?"

Uber Post Whore

Status
    Very nice.

2013 AUDI A3 SB S-LINE : 2.0 TDIQ 184 : GLACIER WHITE :
    : S-TRONIC : COMFORT PACK : SD SAT NAV : FOLDING MIRRORS : HEATED SEATS: RIGID BOOT LINER :