whats it worth

a3guy

Reaction score
black a3 2.0 tdi dsg s-line

53k fsh oct 2004 54reg

???

I'd say around £14,500 give or take a few hundred, now you will get everyone having a stab at price.

It's only worth what someone will pay,innit.
There's a few on here have struggled to sell over the past few years.
There's so many of them about.
If you go into the Autotrader website and do a search for A3's between £10K and £16K,the results state there are over 600 available !
I think that's what they call a buyer's market !
Thank gowd I don't have to sell mine in 6 months,I don't envy you.
It's times like this that 'projected residuals' turn out to be a load of ********.

I would say about 13kish. Look on autotrader there are a few 04 2.0tdis for under 11k will standard spec. £14.5 is what you will buy the same car for from an Audi dealer.

i was expecting about 13.5 to 14k not bad considering i paid 15k over a year ago

I reckon low 12's for a PX. The mileage is going to go against you as i'm finding out with my golf.

a3guy said:
i was expecting about 13.5 to 14k not bad considering i paid 15k over a year ago

But you haven't actually been offered that,have you.
It's all theoretical.
The fact there are 600 of the things for sale on Autotrader suggests you can't bank on getting what you want,unless your car has 'something' that makes it stand out from the herd.

bowfer said:
But you haven't actually been offered that,have you.
It's all theoretical.
The fact there are 600 of the things for sale on Autotrader suggests you can't bank on getting what you want,unless your car has 'something' that makes it stand out from the herd.

when you say 600 do you mean 600 s-line a3`s or 600 a3`s in general ?

it has some nice options full leather not half like other s-lines
heated seats
dimming wing mirrors
light /rain sensor
cruise
bose

14.5k seems to be the cheapest on autotrader but it`s red :puke2: and a 04 plate

a3guy said:
when you say 600 do you mean 600 s-line a3`s or 600 a3`s in general ?

it has some nice options full leather not half like other s-lines
heated seats
dimming wing mirrors
light /rain sensor
cruise
bose

600 A3's in general.
If someone's specifically looking for 'your' car,you're laughing.
Unfortunately,when buyers are faced with 600+ options,how do you make yours stand out ?
Difficult.
You just have to rely on someone 'only' wanting your colour and only wanting your spec etc.
Not being open to others they may see.
Not impossible.
I just remember several others on here having huge difficulty selling their cars,to the point that one of them sold to some sort of car-buying agency.

All the best in selling it though.

bowfer said:
600 A3's in general.
If someone's specifically looking for 'your' car,you're laughing.
Unfortunately,when buyers are faced with 600+ options,how do you make yours stand out ?
Difficult.
You just have to rely on someone 'only' wanting your colour and only wanting your spec etc.
Not being open to others they may see.
Not impossible.
I just remember several others on here having huge difficulty selling their cars,to the point that one of them sold to some sort of car-buying agency.

All the best in selling it though.

true i would of thought most buyers would be after the s-line spec.

anyway i wont be selling till the end of the year anyway. for what i paid im hardly going to lose much.

Out of pure nosiness,I narrowed my search down a bit.

I went for

Audi A3 - black - £13000 to £16000 - diesel

There were 51 results.
Not so bad,but that does rely on someone ONLY wanting black etc.

This is one of the reasons why I nearly always trade-in now.

When I changed to my current Sportback in March of this year I got £12,500 trade-in for my 2004 3-door A3 2.0TDI-140 SE and nearly 10% discount on the new Sportback. I also got a good discount on the Gap Insurance and the Fixed Cost Maintenance package so I was quite happy.

Now you have revealed the car had a previous owner I would say you would get around 13,500 and I agree with h5djr you should have little problem selling it.

motorbikez said:
Now you have revealed the car had a previous owner I would say you would get around 13,500 and I agree with h5djr you should have little problem selling it.

H5DJR didn't say that at all.
He trades his cars in.

You are right bowfer he didn't say that my mistake.I still maintain the car will sell easily, sold my 2004 sport tdi 140 high spec for £12500 40Ks on clock.I had 7 phone calls for car and sold it to the 1st caller within the week advertised.

motorbikez said:
You are right bowfer he didn't say that my mistake.I still maintain the car will sell easily, sold my 2004 sport tdi 140 high spec for £12500 40Ks on clock.I had 7 phone calls for car and sold it to the 1st caller within the week advertised.

i like the sound of that i`ll start the price off with what i paid and work down:arco: