Forge DV - for Audi S3

aiculedtzu

under pressure
Reaction score
http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/content.asp?inc=product&cat=0105DV&product=FMFSITVR

I've ordered one o these for my Es Three not because the stock DV has broke down, but because Forge says that their valve opens/closes more quickly than the stock one and it has a better boost holding capacity. What i'm hoping to achieve is:
- less overboost because the valve can open / close more quickly
- a bit more power at high revs beacause of the better boost holding capacity

So i'm asking for some feedback from anyone who installed this valve on a S3 or even on a A3 2.0 TFSI. As well, any information about it is more than welcome.

Thanks

hold on something aint right here

on that website it shows that the valve is located at the front of the engine, the OEM valve it has got in the picture is actually located on the turbo itself on the drivers side of the engine.

I changed mine a few mths ago on the driveway and it wasn't at the front of the engine!

Thats because you dont have an S3...:idea:

Jonny C is right, I've got an S3 and I spent an hour trying to find the DV, which I'd been told, was on the side of the turbo. Thought I was going mad untill Aiculedtzu kindly told me that it's fitted just above the radiator, at the front of the car on the S3s. Glad they moved it, so much easier to get to.

I'm glad that i could help you hallam.

One question though, what kind of blow-off / valve did you install ?

FMFSITR.jpg
Doesn't give any performance gains, but makes the DV slightly more vocal. Nothing like the boy racer ones you hear on Scoobies Etc though.

http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/content.asp?inc=product&cat=0105DV&product=FMFSITVR

I've ordered one o these for my Es Three not because the stock DV has broke down, but because Forge says that their valve opens/closes more quickly than the stock one and it has a better boost holding capacity. What i'm hoping to achieve is:
- less overboost because the valve can open / close more quickly
- a bit more power at high revs beacause of the better boost holding capacity

So i'm asking for some feedback from anyone who installed this valve on a S3 or even on a A3 2.0 TFSI. As well, any information about it is more than welcome.

Thanks

Did you fit this valve in the end?

What did you think of the results, anything noticeable?

Thanks

Jonny

aiculedtzu,

I'm in the process of gettin one of these myself. Supposed to be the thing to do if you map the car. Standard OEM one can not take the higher boost temps and will bearkdown quicker. I'm in convo with forge at the moment about what is required.

The instructions unfortunately show it been used on a number of different cars/ applications. The Re-circ/ Dump valve is situated on the front of the S3.

I replaced the one on my 2.0T FSI Special Edition. The Re-circ/ Dump valve on this though is a bitch to get to and i'm the one one who told Hallam it was underneath! LOL

The only thing with the one you've linked is that it is not atmospheric in anyway (so i believe and will be getting confirmed tomorrow) so if you want a slight 'pppsssstttt' when you change gear you also need to by the ring/ spacer shown by my lovely assistant Hallam.

I bought the Forge DV last year but it is still sitting in the drawer :)

The reasons for not fitting it yet are:
- the stock DV still works great and it can hold perfectly well the boost
- i think i read on the vortex forum that the Forge DV has a slight delay compared to the standard DV