EM TuningAH Fabrications
    Neutral

Status

Smile Predict the words of the dealer!

Hi all,

I had someone mention to me the other day how he thought I had a problem with one of my alloy wheels. I told him it must have been where i'd 'kurbed' it but on inspection i noticed the aluminium is starting to flake off as it is still a nice smooth surface underneath.
    I contacted my local (1 hour away) dealer by email and sent a photo. I suggested taking it in next friday for observation to which the bloke replied "look forward to seeing you then".
    I have shown it to a few more people (1 of whom has his own bodyshop) and I am told I should be covered under my manufacturers warranty for corrosion of the wheel. Will the dealer be "looking forward" to seeing me or should i look forward to seeing him for a new wheel(s)? Any experiences?
    TT ('57) 2.0 FSI: DVD Sat Nav+, Bluetooth, Cruise Control, Bose, Xenons, heated seats, full leather with extended leather pack and a loaded 2GB SD card

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    I'm guessing that is a RS6 alloy? Not heard of any problems with those, but they are very soft.

Get the picture posted on here so we can have a look
    2.0T Quattro SLine, now 320d Sport Touring

5th Gear

Status
    Yea get the picture up, i'm gonna get RS6's so this should be interesting.

Now where you kurbed it, is it really close to where it's starting to flake? If so they could use that as a reason NOT to repair/replace it. It's a tricky one =/
    Audi A3 (8P) 2.0TDI SE .:. Ebony Black, Sports Suspension, Vienna Beige Sports Leather Seats, Concert II & BOSE, 6 CD-Changer, Xenons, Acoustic Parking Sensors & All The Packs .:.

Gone but not forgotten

Neutral

Status
    If you could give me a quick guide to posting pics - thats would be great - its sat on the camera ready. I will post later tonight.
    TT ('57) 2.0 FSI: DVD Sat Nav+, Bluetooth, Cruise Control, Bose, Xenons, heated seats, full leather with extended leather pack and a loaded 2GB SD card

5th Gear

Status
    Well you can put it in your webspace or use a company like

http://photobucket.com/

to host the file and then you can link to it on here, by using [img]www.file[/img]

Or if this makes as much sense as Swahili, then drop me a PM, and you can email me the piccy and I will put it up for you
    2.0T Quattro SLine, now 320d Sport Touring

6th Gear

Status
    My own experience with carlisle audi was very good I took my car in for a factory recall for a possible problem with the clutch.Went to collect the car and they said clutch was fine but were you aware there is corrosion bubbles on 2 of your alloy wheels I said yes but was going to get you to sort it when I bring car in for service.They said we have already ordered you 2 new wheels and will fit them next week which they duly did.I didn't even buy car from them so I can only say well done Carlisle audi.

By the way it was previous car A3 140 tdi sport with 5 star alloys.
    2007 Sportback S Line Tdi 170 Avus,Bose,Multi function steering wheel, Electric Lumbar support,Front centre armrest,
    Storage pack,Through load system,Folding mirrors,Non smoking pack

2009 BMW K1300S, ABS, ASC,OBC, heated grips