Predict the words of the dealer!

mikeclark007

Reaction score
Hi all,

I had someone mention to me the other day how he thought I had a problem with one of my alloy wheels. I told him it must have been where i'd 'kurbed' it but on inspection i noticed the aluminium is starting to flake off as it is still a nice smooth surface underneath.
I contacted my local (1 hour away) dealer by email and sent a photo. I suggested taking it in next friday for observation to which the bloke replied "look forward to seeing you then".
I have shown it to a few more people (1 of whom has his own bodyshop) and I am told I should be covered under my manufacturers warranty for corrosion of the wheel. Will the dealer be "looking forward" to seeing me or should i look forward to seeing him for a new wheel(s)? Any experiences?

I'm guessing that is a RS6 alloy? Not heard of any problems with those, but they are very soft.

Get the picture posted on here so we can have a look

Yea get the picture up, i'm gonna get RS6's so this should be interesting.

Now where you kurbed it, is it really close to where it's starting to flake? If so they could use that as a reason NOT to repair/replace it. It's a tricky one =/

If you could give me a quick guide to posting pics - thats would be great - its sat on the camera ready. I will post later tonight.

Well you can put it in your webspace or use a company like

http://photobucket.com/

to host the file and then you can link to it on here, by using

Or if this makes as much sense as Swahili, then drop me a PM, and you can email me the piccy and I will put it up for you

My own experience with carlisle audi was very good I took my car in for a factory recall for a possible problem with the clutch.Went to collect the car and they said clutch was fine but were you aware there is corrosion bubbles on 2 of your alloy wheels I said yes but was going to get you to sort it when I bring car in for service.They said we have already ordered you 2 new wheels and will fit them next week which they duly did.I didn't even buy car from them so I can only say well done Carlisle audi.

By the way it was previous car A3 140 tdi sport with 5 star alloys.